Caribou Gear Tarp

Leupold RX 1000 TBR - Review

MNHunter

Follow up to:

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?p=2090461#post2090461

I bought the new rangefinder from Leupold yesterday. Got the new toy home and put it to work. I took a walk around park to check it out. I like what I see so far.

1) The red LED is a huge plus for me. I was set on the Leica but thought I'd give Leupold's new one a try. The clarity is much, much better IMO than their old rangefinders.

2) easy to use. I unpackaged the rangefinder and powered it up. Without reading the instructions (I'm a guy...who needs instructions ???) I was able to get it set on the settings I wanted quickly. One feature I like is that you can select between 3 different types of crosshairs.

3) Lightwieght but powerful. It says 1000 yards on reflective target. I was able to get readings of 700+ yards on houses. The TBR function appears to work well.

Ok, so I've only owned this thing for a day but I can't wait to use it this fall. The only concern I have with this thing is that it simply states it is "weatherproof" not waterproof. I guess I won't take it swimming with me :D

Since I only have one hand, I give it 1 thumb up :D:D:D

OK. I had the chance to fondle the RX-1000 this past weekend at my LBS - local bow shop - and made up my mind to get it. Everything performs as advertised and I'm sold. Now for the tough part... I have to rationalize this aquisition to the missus. You've all been there. Any imaginative, creative and, most importantly, believable justifications will be considered! ; ) Dang, I hope she's not readin' this.

........ I have to rationalize this aquisition to the missus. You've all been there. Any imaginative, creative and, most importantly, believable justifications will be considered! ; ) ......

Got any kids? Always worked for me to say I was buying it for my son. She would never even ask what it was, as soon I said it was for him. It became off limits for any discussion. ;)

Always worked for me to say I was buying it for my son. She would never even ask what it was, as soon I said it was for him.

I like it. However, son #1 already owns one and son #2 will inherit my old rangefinder as soon as I buy the RX-1000. All this is compounded by earlier purchases, this year, including a new scope, backpack tent and boots. Hmmm... gotta be delicate with this, I'm on thin ice as it is.:eek:

#1, Pay cash, and smuggle it home in your brief case.
or
#2, Buy on line, have it shipped to a friends place, or work. Intercept the CC statement and pay it off fast.

When shes sees and asks about it, you say;

#1, "That cheap thing, I've had it for years, but now that you mention it, I need a new one". (then let her talk you out of buying a new one)
or
#2 Claim you traded a gun for it. Since she has no idea how many guns you own, but thinks you have too many, she will be happy you got rid of one.

LOL A-con! Sounds like you may have some practical experience with this dilemma. :)

#1, Pay cash, and smuggle it home in your brief case.
or
#2, Buy on line, have it shipped to a friends place, or work. Intercept the CC statement and pay it off fast.

When shes sees and asks about it, you say;

#1, "That cheap thing, I've had it for years, but now that you mention it, I need a new one". (then let her talk you out of buying a new one)
or
#2 Claim you traded a gun for it. Since she has no idea how many guns you own, but thinks you have too many, she will be happy you got rid of one.

Classic A-Con, a classic.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back