Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Leupold Gurus

• Thread starter Deleted member 48080
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48080

I'm having a hard time finding out if a specific leupold scope is possible.

I'm looking at either a VX5 3-15x44, or VX6 3-18x44.

The catch though- I want capped elevation and windage dials, and the Boone and Crockett reticle. I'd prefer no illumination, but not a deal breaker.

Is this scope possible to get?

I'm having a hard time finding out if a specific leupold scope is possible.

I'm looking at either a VX5 3-15x44, or VX6 3-18x44.

The catch though- I want capped elevation and windage dials, and the Boone and Crockett reticle. I'd prefer no illumination, but not a deal breaker.

Is this scope possible to get?
I don't think you can have capped elevation and have to have the zero lock. The ZL holds on my VX3 and I don't have a custom CDS as I want it to be just MOA. Windage is capped.

Agree with noharleyyet if you want capped you may have to order one from the custom shop

For strictly capped turrets you’d have to go to the used market and find an original VX-6 for the B&C but it would still have the illuminated feature.

As far as I know, Leupold shuttered the doors on the custom shop outside of ordering custom dials.

For strictly capped turrets you’d have to go to the used market and find an original VX-6 for the B&C but it would still have the illuminated feature.

As far as I know, Leupold shuttered the doors on the custom shop outside of ordering custom dials.
Schaff is correct...

Not one of the Leupold's that you list but throwing this out there as just a thought.
Leupold 3.5-10x40mm VX-3 B&C reticle
Leupold 4.5-14x40mm VX-3 B&C reticle

My son and I each have the 4.5-14x40mm with the B&C reticle and we love them. It's really performed well on game for me. I like it as it's simple and fast to use. No messing around with dialing. You can have Leupold use your ballistics with the loads that you are shooting and custom make the reticle, at least I believe they can. Great scopes.

For the Henry???

Just daydreaming about the next deer rifle. Sako is chambering the PRC in the new model 90.

I might end up trying one of the Swaros with the BRH reticle. I've been intrigued by those for quite a while.

Just daydreaming about the next deer rifle. Sako is chambering the PRC in the new model 90.

I might end up trying one of the Swaros with the BRH reticle. I've been intrigued by those for quite a while.

That makes sense. If you need any peer pressure to get the job done, just let me know.

I think the hard part is if you want your top end magnification in that 15-18 range, there are very few options these days without a turret. The Swaros do look nice. So does this one:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Like-New-...-Illum-68-Capped-Elev-Turret-Riflescope-.aspx

That makes sense. If you need any peer pressure to get the job done, just let me know.

I think the hard part is if you want your top end magnification in that 15-18 range, there are very few options these days without a turret. The Swaros do look nice. So does this one:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Like-New-...-Illum-68-Capped-Elev-Turret-Riflescope-.aspx

Dang, that does look nice. Am I remembering right that these are made by Meopta @Schaaf ?

That's the problem I run in to, I want a holdover reticle with 15+ high power that doesn't weigh 30 ounces. I love my Klassik, but having just a little more high end would be nice.

This would be perfect if it had a smaller objective and lower price tag-

Dang, that does look nice. Am I remembering right that these are made by Meopta @Schaaf ?

That's the problem I run in to, I want a holdover reticle with 15+ high power that doesn't weigh 30 ounces. I love my Klassik, but having just a little more high end would be nice.

This would be perfect if it had a smaller objective and lower price tag-

Not anymore, the ones that were made by Meopta were the original Conquests that were 4.5-14s and 3-9s. These are made by an OEM in Japan.

I do think the Zeiss V4 is a pretty dang nice hunting scope with all things considered.

Aiming systems are different than other optics. Just have to understand the difference. mtmuley

Aiming systems are different than other optics. Just have to understand the difference. mtmuley

That's my hang up with the Swaro, is trusting it to stay pointed where I tell it to.

I have great experience with the Klassiks and high end Meoptas, so that's the way I always tend to lean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back