Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 12x50 First Lite Fusion

ChrisAU

These are in like new condition, never used outdoors. Absolutely excellent binos I just can’t make the IPD work with my tripod setup and narrow face lol. $550 OBO tyd via PayPal, ships USPS priority with tracking.

bx4.jpeg

These are good binos, and should make most content with them!

Thanks! The glass is spectacular and they are very light for 12x50's and to top that I love Fusion camo, but I need a couple more mm on the minimum IPD for it to work with my tripod adapter (Kramer Design Corp, as skinny as they get). None of my buddies have that issue, I have a toddler's face as far as eye spacing apparently ha.

I was going to say that mine fit on the Leupold adaptor. Very happy with these Binos!

Here’s my issue and reason for selling. This is an Outdoorsman’s adapter, I bought a KDC trying to resolve the issue. The KDC got me almost 2mm but still not enough. The barrels have to be touching or alllllmmost touching for me, my IPD is 58mm +/- 0.5mm, and the skinniest I could get these were 60.9mm with the adapter stealing 4.3mm so 56.5 or so is the true bottom for these binos. It’s the dual bridge design and adapter location that kills them for me, if the 1/4-20 adapter was on the bridge nearer the eye piece they’d work just fine, or a design like the BX-1/BX-2 would be dandy. And I just don’t want to use a strap style adapter, I don’t want to fiddle with that on the mountain. I don’t see 99%+ of hunters having the issue with these that I do, and I sure wish I didn’t!

A6B384D3-64A7-428D-B490-13C609A779EC.jpeg

That's a bummer. I have the Vortex adapter with my 10x42 BX-4's and it works perfectly. Not sure if it would work on the 50's but may be worth a shot.

I’m wondering if the stud could be lengthened out past the tubes then issue resolved? Might be worth a try, especially is you like the glass!

Here’s my issue and reason for selling. This is an Outdoorsman’s adapter, I bought a KDC trying to resolve the issue. The KDC got me almost 2mm but still not enough. The barrels have to be touching or alllllmmost touching for me, my IPD is 58mm +/- 0.5mm, and the skinniest I could get these were 60.9mm with the adapter stealing 4.3mm so 56.5 or so is the true bottom for these binos. It’s the dual bridge design and adapter location that kills them for me, if the 1/4-20 adapter was on the bridge nearer the eye piece they’d work just fine, or a design like the BX-1/BX-2 would be dandy. And I just don’t want to use a strap style adapter, I don’t want to fiddle with that on the mountain. I don’t see 99%+ of hunters having the issue with these that I do, and I sure wish I didn’t!

View attachment 146188
I'd just take a dremel grinding wheel to that and re paint lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back