Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Leupold Built the Perfect Scope!

Spitz

I've been on a years long hunt for the perfect scope. Tried all the brands I could afford (not March or Schmidt and Bender) Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, Bushnell, Zeiss, Swarovski, etc. Never found that perfect scope that covered everything I wanted. . . Didn't want a 30-33 ounce brick, wanted a hard zero stop, wanted excellent optical clarity, low profile turrets, second focal plane, illumination doesn't matter much but is a plus if the weight stays low and the controls are simple and out of the way. A lifetime warranty would be another plus but is generally offered among the better companies. A few other demands as well but for the sake of not getting in trouble for delaying dinner longer I'll end it here and say I finally found it!

The VX-6HD is everything I have hoped for.

That is all.

Last edited:
I like my VX-6 on Tikka 7 rem mag, this is the only gun I used last couple years, it is usually one shot one kill, made follow up shots on few elks, just to make sure.

I love my VX-6 2-12x42mm and have had it for 4yrs on a Sako .300wsm. I mainly hunt the eastern slope of the Rockies (MT), shoot 180gr Winchester accubond and feel comfortable at ranges from 20-500yds. Although I could shoot pretty far with this set-up, I've been incredibly lucky that all but 1 of my animals (3 elk, 2 deer, 1 antelope) within that time frame have been very close - all under 100yd head shots. Practice brings confidence and this is a very solid piece of equipment.

It does have the ZL2 elevation turret as it is the HD model that is new this year. I agree that the VX6 is a great scope. But the changes they made to the Hd version have just put it in a whole new league and blown away the competition IMHO. 75 MOA out of two rotations. Accurate, well defined click adjustments. I'm like a kid at Christmas every time I use it as I've waited years for the perfect scope. So glad Leupold is the company that turned it out.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back