Yeti GOBOX Collection

Lets see all your pets. Pet pics lighten the mood!

Here's Bridger, My mountain feist pup.
He had a close call about a week ago with the local yotes. Heard him outside going crazy in the yard which usually means either a fox or coyote is prowling around the pond or in the woods around the yard (we live in a really rural area and have no neighbors) after a couple of minutes of heavy barking I decided to step outside with the varmint gun I keep at the backdoor for this exact reason and turned on the green light. He had a yote about 10 feet from him turn tail and take off at which point I guess him seeing me let him think it was good to go for him to give chase. I stepped to the side of the house trying to get on the coyote which was pretty much lopping along at a chase me speed and whistled to Bridger making him stop. The yote ran about another 75 yards and stopped at the edge of the field near the driveway looking back just long enough for me to put it down and watch at least 2 possibly 3 more take off into the dark. The only thing I can figure is the younger female which I shot was trying to lure him up the hill so the rest could get at him. I have dealt with coyote my whole life around here and seen them do some interesting stuff but that one was a new one on me.
image0.jpeg

Here's Bridger, My mountain feist pup.
He had a close call about a week ago with the local yotes. Heard him outside going crazy in the yard which usually means either a fox or coyote is prowling around the pond or in the woods around the yard (we live in a really rural area and have no neighbors) after a couple of minutes of heavy barking I decided to step outside with the varmint gun I keep at the backdoor for this exact reason and turned on the green light. He had a yote about 10 feet from him turn tail and take off at which point I guess him seeing me let him think it was good to go for him to give chase. I stepped to the side of the house trying to get on the coyote which was pretty much lopping along at a chase me speed and whistled to Bridger making him stop. The yote ran about another 75 yards and stopped at the edge of the field near the driveway looking back just long enough for me to put it down and watch at least 2 possibly 3 more take off into the dark. The only thing I can figure is the younger female which I shot was trying to lure him up the hill so the rest could get at him. I have dealt with coyote my whole life around here and seen them do some interesting stuff but that one was a new one on me.
View attachment 170340

For 30 yrs, I've heard that coyotes use that strategy, but always wondered if it was true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back