PEAX Equipment

Let’s say a guy wanted iron sights…

nhenry

For a rifle, where would he buy them?

Google is filled with peep sights and AR stuff. Just wanting some open sights for a rifle

You mean barrel sights like a buckhorn and front post.

Try Trackofthewolf.com for starters, but you need to tell us more about what you want.

Montanavintagearms.com will have some too, but they will be more tang sights and front globe sights.

Probably the best way to go is to adapt sights from a vintage gun. Hard to the sights on a trapdoor, and you can find them, more often than not, on ebay or gunbroker.

Nick Strobels books on rifle sights could be very helpful.

Of course, it helps to know what rifle you are trying to put sights on, and what it has for dovetails or whatever.

You mean barrel sights like a buckhorn and front post.

Try Trackofthewolf.com for starters, but you need to tell us more about what you want.

Montanavintagearms.com will have some too, but they will be more tang sights and front globe sights.

Probably the best way to go is to adapt sights from a vintage gun. Hard to the sights on a trapdoor, and you can find them, more often than not, on ebay or gunbroker.

Nick Strobels books on rifle sights could be very helpful.

Of course, it helps to know what rifle you are trying to put sights on, and what it has for dovetails or whatever.
Trying to put them on a remington 700 with a custom Bartlein 2b.

Also on a tikka eventually

Had them on my sako 85 Bavarian and they were handy as hell.

Man I miss that rifle

8EF206EB-6E7A-4F12-A6B1-7AA824ECACC9.jpeg

Check out Skinner sights. They may have what you want, or guide you where you need to go get what you want

hmm, a bit out of my league. These pesky modern bolts are out of my wheelhouse, but they sure do look better with irons on them.

I wonder, however, if a gun made for only scopes would have enough drop in the stock to get behind barrel sights.

Forget the Track and MVA. They have nothing you need. Ebay will help but there are other sources. I just don't know what they are. You will want a fairly tall front ramp to help with sight height though.

The older my eyes get, the less I like buckhorn rear sights. A peep (aperture) rear sight with sturdy standoffs to prevent them from getting dinged up and losing their zero would be up my alley

I went down this rabbit hole.ended up just carrying a small red dot that fit in an extra 30 mil ring.

One day when I’m not spending a mortgage on daycare I am going to try and get a front sight made or buy like the one on the t3 arctic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back