Lets get me on some broadheads...

100 grain wac em three blade for elk. rage for deer and antelope.

Go with the heaviest, sharpest broadheads you can safely shoot. You want the weight/momentum to help with a passthrough, and the sharper broadheads to cause the most bleeding with the least resistance- resistance causes clotting. Look into getting a razor strop with polishing compound for that mirror-finish edge, which will slice through anything and stay clean while doing it.

I used to shoot 100gr thunderheads on whitetail, and I now have QAD Exodus 100gr.

I'm looking at upgrading my arrow/broadhead setup to a 500+ gr package with a two-blade, single bevel when I have the time/budget for it.

The only broadhead I have really ever used is the Muzzy 3 blade, first 100g now 125g . Depending on the speed of your arrow it may also make a difference if you shoot fixed or mechanical blades. I like the Muzzy because they are sharp, tough and simple. I went to the 125 to get more FOC. Some people complain that fixed blades are harder to tune, I want my bow tuned as well as possible no matter what blades I am shooting.
I recently bought some QAD Exodus 125's to try, they look like they are made well and i have had good service from QAD in the past.
Good luck on your choice, get some practice blades and practice with your setup.

I'd stick with a well made steel or titanium ferruled 100 or 125 grain head. Heavier heads are nice but can be hard to find. 100 grains gives you the most options and a well made 100 grain head is plenty strong. You can always add weight up front with brass inserts or extra weights on the inserts. For average price durable head you can't beat a qad exodus. I highly recommend iron Will's in regular or wide. But at $100+ for 3 a lot of people can't justify it.

I’ve been using Thunderhead 100’s since the early 80’s and never had an issue with em. But for some reason I couldn’t get em to fly like my field points when I got my new bow, switched over to the G5 Montec, problem solved.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back