Leica, Steiner, & Leupold Binos

RugerHawg413

Good Morning, I am looking to buy a new better set of binoculars. And I am looking to spend anywhere between $600-$1,000. And I am wanting a 8x or 10x. The 3 brands that I have found to have good binos at that price are Leica, Steiner, and Leupold. Let me know are you thoughts are on these brands and more if you have had luck with a different brand. Thank you!!

I have a pair of Steiner binos, I've compared them in the field with Vortex Razor, Maven, and Swaro.

Compared to Swaros, my Steiners are probably 80% as good... but were 1/5 the price.

Anyway not something I'm going to spend money upgrading anytime soon.

I have run Leica’s for several decades. Always loved their optical superiority back in the day. Not sure how they stack up now a days. Lots of good glass getting made now.

Pick up something used. I‘d add meopta and kowa to your list and suggest that you go and look through some if at all possible. I thought I was getting a good deal on some Leupolds a couple years ago until I compared them to some meoptas in the same price range. The Leupolds were quickly boxed up and sent back.…

Look at some Maven's too.
Steiners were too big and bulky for us, had a pair once but years ago.

Good used glass is fine, the better companies will stand behind the warranty and glass upgrades can be had on a used pair for very reasonable fee at Swaro.
Leica is a good bino, I have some compacts that I use elk hunting all the time.
Newer Leupold should be good as well.

Love my 20+ year old Steiner's. Returned them to Steiner couple months ago. They re-armored, replaced eye cups, replaced missing lens covers, and cleaned all glass. Cost me $75. They paid return shipping and quick turn around. I will buy Steiner again.

Love my 20+ year old Steiner's. Returned them to Steiner couple months ago. They re-armored, replaced eye cups, replaced missing lens covers, and cleaned all glass. Cost me $75. They paid return shipping and quick turn around. I will buy Steiner again.
I have some 1997 era Predator 8x30's that need to make the trip back.. This is great news that Steiner still does this.

I have some small Steiners, 8x30's good glass. We used Steiners in Nam.
I upped my glass to Zeiss Victories last year, new used.
And my rangefinder to Leica.
Best glass I have used.

Leica Zeiss & Swaro were what I looked for.

I just received my return autho last night to send them back for a refresh.

I will also say that they are my backup pair these days. I now run Meopta Meopro 8x42's and I will endorse them as well. Bought a pair, used them for a few years and the diopter dial stripped out while 4 miles in the backcountry on a hunt.

I emailed them, sent them back, and they replaced them with a brand new upgraded pair. Customer experience was top notch with them as well.

Quick update on my Predators. They just came back from Steiner looking like I purchased them. Best $75 bucks spent. Now my daughters can use them like I did. Well done Steiner/Burris optics.

I have a pair of the Kowa Genesis 10.5x44 and they are an awesome pair of binoculars. I highly recommend them and you can find them around the $1000 price range.

My sister in law is in a birding group and they swear by Meoptas.

Back