Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Lefty's shooting Right hand rifles

True lefty. Remington BDL 270 left handed. Shotguns are either Browning BPS or break action. Looking at CVA Single shot in 35 whelen right now.

What I would like to find is an AR in lefty version. Hot brass flying by your head is really distracting.

Try a LWRCI IC-A5 with a casing deflector. Would never notice casings in a shooting situation.

Another good option I've used left handed is a right hand bolt with a left hand thumb hole stock. I have a 338-06 that was (supposedly) built by PO Ackley on a RH model 70 action an in some ways it makes even more sense than a LH bolt because you never have to let go. Somewhere I have some paperwork on its provenance, but regardless of who built it it is a really neat idea that works very well.

Left eye dominant, always shot right handed guns, usually semi-auto so I didn't have to worry about cycling. Started shooting bolt action a couple years ago, found that I can tilt the gun toward the left and reach over and cycle fairly quickly. I have practiced it, but it hasn't been necessary yet while hunting.

I shot right-hand rifles for a long time, as there was not much for selection for left-handed shooters. I still own one right-hand rifle and I have no problem with either. When buying right-handed rifles, the only critical item is getting the stock to fit.

The one advantage to a right-hand rifle, is that if you try to sell it, it will sell faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back