Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Leftover CO

i wonder if any of y'all NRs are actually at a disadvantage due to server latency.

when it comes down to who clicked first, mere milliseconds are the difference and it's true that physical distance from the server you're accessing will usually increase the ping time on the millisecond level.

same thing for those with better internet i assume, too. i'm doing this off some kickass corporate quality fiber internet.
Never thought of that. Ive got the world's slowest mountain internet, but am based here in CO

Logged in at 8 exactly, never got the dreaded running man page, clicked through the residency stuff at 9, and snagged a bull tag for my buddy who is currently backpacking. The system sucks, but it worked for me this time. Still hoping the bull tag I want will pop up on reissues next week.

I got in at 0900.01 trying to get a low quality archery lope tag and all of the tags were gone, not sure how that completely happened, figured most would be busy in elk/deer screens or atleast rifle lope...owell not sure tag would if been worth fee and expenses to hunt it but tired of this tag craziness.

i wonder if any of y'all NRs are actually at a disadvantage due to server latency.

when it comes down to who clicked first, mere milliseconds are the difference and it's true that physical distance from the server you're accessing will usually increase the ping time on the millisecond level.

same thing for those with better internet i assume, too. i'm doing this off some kickass corporate quality fiber internet.
i know a guy on vacation in mexico who scored a good tag.

I tried for the first time this year just to see what I could get. Saw some pretty good tags for elk. Wrongly assumed that as long as I entered the queue before 9 I’d have as good a shot as anyone. Oh well. System seems as good as any to me though, there’s just a lot more demand than supply. Just gotta maximize chances and hope to get lucky on one or two.

a Reissue Tag Poem

In Colorado's wild expanse, a tale unfolds,
Where hunting licenses, scarce and bold,
In short supply, a coveted prize,
Competitive hearts, eager eyes.

First come, first serve, the clock ticks fast,
As Colorado Parks and Wildlife casts,
A list of licenses, like leaves in the breeze,
A scramble online, a quest to seize.

Like deer on the run, hunters they race,
Through digital woods, they set the pace,
Snagging the permits, a thrilling chase,
In this virtual wilderness, they embrace.

Fingers dance upon the keys,
As hope and adrenaline intertwine with ease,
A symphony of clicking sounds,
Echoing across the hunting grounds.

But fear not, for the passion remains,
As the season approaches, it sustains,
In the heart of nature's grand design,
The spirit of the hunt, it shall align

and you didn't sign into your actual account prior to 8 am right? if so, thats weird. but if you signed in before that, that's why you got booted
Thats correct. I waited until 8:00:01 Mtn time and logged in and then I sat on this page in this exact spot until 9:00:01 MT.....

CPW did, and it worked for me, so no complaints here.View attachment 286328

i dunno. i did that last year too per everything i had been told, that you should sit at the residency page and everything, and got a tag fine.

this year though, i didn't get out of queue until about 8:58:10 and in my rush blew through the residency page and went and sat on the purchase page. refreshed at 9:00:01 and the link/button to purchase showed up and, for today, the rest is history.

I was lucky and got the one tag I could actually make happen with all the BS that is going down in 2023.....With CPW cutting back the tags so significantly, it certainly set up the shit show that occurred this morning. Hopefully the state does a better job next year, but I don't have much faith in CPW anymore, it was a much better and smoother operating entity when it was only Dept. of Wildlife and didn't involve the "parks" fingers into it!

a Reissue Tag Poem

In Colorado's wild expanse, a tale unfolds,
Where hunting licenses, scarce and bold,
In short supply, a coveted prize,
Competitive hearts, eager eyes.

First come, first serve, the clock ticks fast,
As Colorado Parks and Wildlife casts,
A list of licenses, like leaves in the breeze,
A scramble online, a quest to seize.

Like deer on the run, hunters they race,
Through digital woods, they set the pace,
Snagging the permits, a thrilling chase,
In this virtual wilderness, they embrace.

Fingers dance upon the keys,
As hope and adrenaline intertwine with ease,
A symphony of clicking sounds,
Echoing across the hunting grounds.

But fear not, for the passion remains,
As the season approaches, it sustains,
In the heart of nature's grand design,
The spirit of the hunt, it shall align
I felt this in my soul

Every last stanza

The tags I’ve gotten off the list have always been on the corporate fiber as well. The slow stuff the peasants use just won’t cut it!

Some folks are lucky in the draws, some are handy on the keyboards, and some are good hunters. Lots of ways to get it done 😂

Back