Left hand semi-auto shotguns

R

rwc101

My old man is, unfortunately, a southpaw. He has long lamented that there are so few left-handed shotguns out there. He has wanted a semi-auto, preferably 20 gauge, for quite a while. As a woodworker, any gun stocked in plastic is out of the question for him. Such a gun seems to be a unicorn. For 12 gauges, I see the Benelli Montefeltro and Beretta A400, but that's about it. Am I overlooking any hidden gems?

Thanks.

The a400 is an outstanding shotgun and the montefeltros are bullet proof and will shoot for a lifetime with only minimal upkeep. Two great choices.

I shoot lefty and the choices are slim. However, when getting ready to pull the trigger on a left handed action semi auto that was a bit pricey, I realized that reloading and working the action is a much easier with a right-handed action semi-auto than a left. Just something to think about.

There's some good deals on used Remington 1100's if you're not opposed to used.

Does Franchi make a wood-stocked lefty?

Mossberg autoloader has a tang safety which makes it basically lefty friendly. I would imagine the bolt release and any other buttons may be on the wrong side, but at least the safety wouldn't be.

I have not used the gun personally, so I can't comment on how well it works, but its probably the cheapest option out there as well...

Looks like FABARM USA makes some. Have to find a dealer though.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back