LAZIK eye surgery

T Bone

Just had it done Thursday afternoon. Friday Morning I am 20/20 in both eyes. This is way cool. I've been wearing contacts or glasses since I was 8 years old.

No more fogged and dirty glasses! For anyone considering it I give it the thumbs up!

Be sure to scout out as many different docs and you can. I went to 4 different docs and chose the one I liked best. Maybe I'll change my handle from T Bone to Eagle Eye....

T Bone

Tyson. I wanted Warens handle to be Eagle Eye.. That sucker spots more game.. I'd give you the name of LUCKY sun of a ****** ;) Mr I can go shoot a 4 point deer in one day, a turkey in the head another day both with a bow :D :D

Glad you can see now, Look out yer window, I'm waving in your direction, Idho is misssing you bud !!!! Tell the wife and kids Me and the wife said hi !!!

T-bone I had a friend that just had that done and he loves it.. says he can see much better now...

Glad it worked for you

Delw

I want to get it done but they said you have to be 18 before they can do it. Oh well, I guess I will have to go 2 1/2 more years with contact lenses.

Later, Greg. :D :D

Trophy Killer,

Be sure to wait until you vision stabilizes. Most people's vision stabilize around the ripe old age of 25. If you get it done earlier, your vision will get worse and be in the same situation.

T Bone

Did it help your ability to focus, like on iron sights? (Focus depends, I think, partly on the flexibility of the cornea?) I would have it done if it would help me shoot a handgun better/easier. But if the front sight or target is still gonna be fuzzy, I might not bother. Hell, I'm an old fart anyway.. ;)

If you can...DO IT!

I did mine a year and a half ago. I'm 20/15 now. Sharp as a tack. The only "side effect" is the sun is too bright, and I have to wear sun glasses. Big deal. Living in Phx, I should anyways! But other then that, I love it! Couldn't be more pleased!

Congrats T-bone...You can see clearly now the rain is gone! hehe

I'm jealous as heck, my eyes are not within the specs to get it done, so I'm stuck with glasses/contacts maybe something newer will come along. but for now I'm goin huntin tomorrow cuz I just can't see goin to work!!h2m

I'd love to get it done, but I've heard and read so many stories pro and con. Most of the stories say that the person has halo effect at night looking at lights while driving. I've also just recently read about a guy who loved it at first, but he had a bad smear in his left eye and went for two enhancement surguries with no fix for the smear.

I'd love to get out of my geek gear, but If it's 20/20 vision with same effects of wearing glasses ie. halos and indoor shades of light being different, then I want no part of it.

No offense to anyone who had the work done. Am I being a little bit rediculous? Do any of you have no side effects whatsoever? Please pardon my questions, but I'm very curious about this procedure. Some of the feedback I've read is very negative. Could it be some optomotrysts just pumping scare tactics to shy us away from this? Just curious . Thanks in advance for your opinions.

John

JohnSWA

I suggest you talk with someone @ Affiliated Eye Surgeons. That is the place my wife Debra used to work and they did her eyes. Deb's eyes were really screwed up and they could only get them corrected to where she can see far away and needs regular reading glasses for up close. The lowest power type though. I dont know what her eyes are now or what they were before. She has had no effects that you described earlier. Please see an eye doc you trust and then talk with a surgeon Opthamalogist or optomotrist(sp).
I only suggested her ex-employer because they are real up front type of individuals and I trusted them with her eyes

Hope this helps some, & it all depends on your eyes and any defects they find in them as to what they can actually do for you.

You sound like me! I took in as much info as I could. There are definate risks. I visited over half a dozen doctors and I feel that was the key for me. Most were putzes just wanting a quick job with little evaluation involved.

T Bone

Thanks MM and TB! The more personal accounts the better! I appreciater your input. I'm still not decided yet. That $ would make a decent down payment on a bass boat! LOL! Again thanks for the great info!

John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back