Late Season Colorado Cow Hunt

BangUSMC

Does anyone know of a late season cow hunt in Colorado? A friend that I served with recently moved to CO and is looking to get into hunting. I am just trying to help him breakthrough and get out there. I live in MN, and not all too familiar with CO Elk seasons so I wanted to reach out to the everyone here. Thanks in advance.

-Erik

There are a lot of units with late season cow tags. The brochure has the tags listed and if you google Cpw elk stats, you can pull up last years draw stats and see which of those tags didn’t require preference points.

I've seen cow elk during second/third rifle every time when hunting OTC Bull, the last two seasons I've had some nice weather in the begging of the week and then snow towards the back half. Best of both worlds. I hunt units along i70 for general reference.

I just love hunting. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about hunting in Colorado.
I think you can just Google about the cow hunting season in Colorado. I am sure that the information will be enough. In my free time from farming, I also like to hunt cows. By the way, I help my father in raising cattle. This is our family business.
Hunting gives me particular pleasure, not like farming. Also, sometimes I like to hunt deer. This is even more interesting and exciting than cow hunting. I want to spend money on equipment and various gadgets for hunting. This is better than spending money on vacation.

Last edited:
I've been looking into OTC either sex options in CO and there are a lot of units east of I25 where you can get an OTC tag....BUT....there isn't a lot of public land. Personally, I've found a unit that has some good public land access and the rumor I hear is that there is a local resident hurd in the area.

I'd recommend calling a CO Hunt Planner for more details, you can find their number on the CPW page.

EDIT: forgot to mention that these OTC tags are for plains rifle and the season goes until the end of January so you'd possibly have some time to scout and learn your unit depending on your schedule.

Back