Late cow in Colorado?

Rhcuam

My son picked up late season cow in the north west corner of Colorado in the secondary draw. I haven’t spent much time in that area in December and was wondering if I could bounce some questions off anybody. Road conditions, snowfall in the area, is wall tenting a terrible choice,
I plan to spend a 1/2 day there on my way back Wyoming just to get eyes on the northern side of it. Have to get into Utah to get to the south portion of it so I don’t know if I will have that much time coming back.

Could be anything but you’d have to prepare for cold, snowy, hostile conditions. Bring tire chains, radios, InReach, extra sleeping layers and ample extra gas. Consider where you are sourcing wood if you plan on wall tenting. I’d pack several totes of cut up untreated 2x4’s just in case. They won’t last long but will get you through a couple nights. Keep your drinking water insulated in a cooler, and maybe even have a heat pack to keep it from freezing overnight. As a NR who’d be really far from home, usually solo, I don’t (or at least haven’t) hunt late season but I prepare some of this stuff even for a September or mid season hunt. Crap happens in the mountains.

Ive got the same tag. Roads everywhere. They get slick when they get wet. A buddy and I got stuck out there when we were in high school. Terrible day over with over 30 miles of walking to get service to get help. A wall tent will be a fine choice.

Ive got the same tag. Roads everywhere. They get slick when they get wet. A buddy and I got stuck out there when we were in high school. Terrible day over with over 30 miles of walking to get service to get help. A wall tent will be a fine choice.
Let me get your number in case we need a tow.😉

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back