Last time you replaced Harness Power Cables?

ElkHntinMD

When was the last time any of you replaced your harness/power cables? Just curious! I had a Browning Mirage I shot for about 3 years! One day out shooting it, one of the cables snapped! Well, then the other snapped! No kidding it was on the release of a shot and it was louder than a shotgun!! Scared the Bjesus out of me!!!!Luckily I didn't get hurt but, I have heard horror stories of people breaking arms and stuff! Just a reminder! If you have an older bow or a bow that is showing wear on the cables/string, now is a great time to order it and replace it! Sometimes it takes awhile to get harnesses! Most bow manufacturers recommend you change them at a certain shot interval or when wear is present! Most manufacturers sights have a freq asked question section, And alot of times it will be posted there! If not I would e-mail the manuf. and find out!

ElkhntinMD

I change mine every year, but I shoot a lot. Leagues in the winter, I'll be starting 3D this year in the spring and summer and pracrice,practice,practice in the fall for Whitetail and small game season. Never had one break, but I wear 'em out pretty good!

I went 6 years the first time with the bow that I have now, but will never do that again, I get them changed whether they need it or not every two years now...Unless it looks a little worn or cut, then it is immediate..
biggrin.gif

At least once a year, on my target bow sometimes twice a year as needed, on my hunting bow every august so i have time to shoot them before seasons open at end of sept., I hunt more with my recurve and longbow and change the strings ao these in aug. as well.

First off.... Welcome aboard Archerrg and Kelly..

Second, GOOD post, glad ya didn't get hurt. I've heard horror stories too !!

Third, I've had the same thing Happen to me kind-of .. I was at a bow shoot, And the little locking thing that held the Pin in was off and the Pin holding the Cams slipped... KA_ POWW !!!!!!!!everyone stopped shooting and thought I fired a cannon... Once we ralized what happened we started looking at Everyones bows and 3 other guys was missing one too !! For who knows how long !!!

Anyways, when my string gets Frayed I'll change it, But I keep it Well waxed and Don't use it as much as the 300 win mag
wink.gif
So it doesn't get changed very ofted
elkgrin.gif

I've been shooting for alot of years, hunting, competition field archery and 3D. I figured I would post this because I see alot of strings in bad shape. Some inexperienced bowhunters may not realize.
Damn Oscar sounds like that could have been a real bad deal for you! Are u talking about the little C-clip on the axle? If so I knew alot of people when I was shooting competition 3d that were removing them because they vibrated!! I felt that the little fuggers could vibrate I wasn't removing mine.
biggrin.gif
elkgrin.gif

ElkhntinMD

Yes sir.. the Clip, Odds are they don't need to be there, Usually the pressure of the string keeps the bow in check... BUT, Mine went kindy-wampus I guess And When I was at almost full draw... KA-POW !!! Fortunately none got hurt, My bow was in Good shape, And we stopped some others from that possibly happening....

I lost my C-clip once too. Don't know how long it was gone but it sure mad me worry. Speaking of that, it's been a while since I checked my bow. I gotta go...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back