Last customer mount from last season.

Very good work sir. Sure is a beautiful buck. You are obviously very skilled in your profession.

How does it work with the eyes? I’ve seen them in all different ways some look way over amplified. This one looks almost sleepy.

I think those eyes look just right. Usually the first thing I look at.maybe just me though idk
First thing I look at too, that’s what sparked my question. It seems that for me anyways if the eyes look natural the rest of the mount follows suit.

Looking at this one, the mount itself looks great, but I kept coming back to the eyes. There is something there that makes me think the deer is tired or sleepy.

I don’t mean to be a jerk on someone’s work. It’s not very often an artist gets honest feed back. Without me knowing why or how the eyes were set that way, I can’t say it’s great or bad. Look forward to getting some education on the how and why our eyes see emotion/ physical feelings in the way a piece of glass is positioned.

What a tank, good looking mount. He's sure got that mature buck look too him. Maybe one day...

First thing I look at too, that’s what sparked my question. It seems that for me anyways if the eyes look natural the rest of the mount follows suit.

Looking at this one, the mount itself looks great, but I kept coming back to the eyes. There is something there that makes me think the deer is tired or sleepy.

I don’t mean to be a jerk on someone’s work. It’s not very often an artist gets honest feed back. Without me knowing why or how the eyes were set that way, I can’t say it’s great or bad. Look forward to getting some education on the how and why our eyes see emotion/ physical feelings in the way a piece of glass is positioned.
It's the way the eye lids are positioned not the glass.

As you said if it a personal preference as deer can do almost anything with their eyes.

I prefer softer more relaxed eyes. Just makes for a more natural looking mount IMO. But, different forms look more natural with more alert eye sets.

Chart at bottom kinda gives you an idea.

Screenshot_20210822-135833_Gallery.jpg

I dig the lowered eyelid look on big heavy fellas like him.

Gives big dominant bucks like that the relaxed but powerful look.

Younger or slimmer bucks look good with more open, aware looking eyes.

Can I ask what form this buck is mounted on?

I dig the lowered eyelid look on big heavy fellas like him.

Gives big dominant bucks like that the relaxed but powerful look.

Younger or slimmer bucks look good with more open, aware looking eyes.

Can I ask what form this buck is mounted on?
It's a Mckenzie 6900 series. I shave down the big bulge sculpted in the side of the neck on this form.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back