Laramie Area. Willing to lend your rifles?

R

rwc101

The prospective hunter I have been assisting would like to shoot rifles chambered in different cartridges before buying her first rifle. I have extended an open invitation for her to shoot my 270 WSM, 30-30, 8mm Mauser, 22lr and some shotguns, but I wanted to see if anyone else on the forum was able and willing to show up to the Laramie Rifle Range with rifles chambered in cartridges appropriate for deer and elk hunting sometime early this October. I will compensate for ammo costs.

Thanks.

I probably wouldn’t be able to make it in person, but she could certainly try my .270 or .30-06 if I could figure out a way to get them to you.

That’s a bit of a stretch for me but awful nice thing of you to set up for a new hunter! If you get 200 miles northeast near Cody for whatever reason, let me know. Could offer up .223, .243, .30-06, and .338-06. Hopefully someone near Laramie can help out.

The prospective hunter I have been assisting would like to shoot rifles chambered in different cartridges before buying her first rifle. I have extended an open invitation for her to shoot my 270 WSM, 30-30, 8mm Mauser, 22lr and some shotguns, but I wanted to see if anyone else on the forum was able and willing to show up to the Laramie Rifle Range with rifles chambered in cartridges appropriate for deer and elk hunting sometime early this October. I will compensate for ammo costs.

Thanks.

I have 7-08, 7 RM, 6mm, 22-250, 30/06, 25/06, 338 Win...be around first maybe 5-6 day of October...after that, I'm busy.

I have 7-08, 7 RM, 6mm, 22-250, 30/06, 25/06, 338 Win...be around first maybe 5-6 day of October...after that, I'm busy.
I'll see if she is free during that time span. She understands it's hunting season and people are busy.

If she is willing to travel to Cheyenne while I am not hunting, I would be willing to meet at the Archer Range just east of Cheyenne and let her shoot mine. I have shot a 30-06 for both deer and elk since 1980s with a few exceptions where I went to a 300 win mag and a Rem 7 mm. My trusty 30-06 survived while the others did not.

Steve it is on 9th St north of the dump. Here is their website : https://www.laramieriflerange.org/
We have a family membership, $100 for unlimited shooting and range use any time except for scheduled events.
We went out this morning to check our rifles before pronghorn hunting. Range is very nice now, lots of upgrades.
They have public shooting right now on Saturdays and Sundays for sighting in, $10 non members to shoot.
They have a heated shooting shed for winter shooting, wood stove.
High power, pistol and 22 ranges with a long range area as well.
Targets to purchase and shooting frames.

Steve it is on 9th St north of the dump. Here is their website : https://www.laramieriflerange.org/
We have a family membership, $100 for unlimited shooting and range use any time except for scheduled events.
We went out this morning to check our rifles before pronghorn hunting. Range is very nice now, lots of upgrades.
They have public shooting right now on Saturdays and Sundays for sighting in, $10 non members to shoot.
They have a heated shooting shed for winter shooting, wood stove.
High power, pistol and 22 ranges with a long range area as well.
Targets to purchase and shooting frames.
I live in Rawlins so I use our range a lot. Until this post I’d never heard anyone ever mention a range in Laramie. It’s good to know where another one is.

Back