Landscapes (pics)

Remember it when it still had the gun sight ! Great hike to top . Good fishing below as well.
The Gendarme had already fallen by the time I first visited the area. My brother and I climbed the South Peak (rock on the right of the notch) and upon reaching the top, I will never forget him saying, “It is pretty skinny up here.” The top is very narrow and almost immediately drops straight off to the east side.

Location? Location? Location? ... and put where you're from in upper right hand corner under number of messages. Context is so helpful for appreciation.

I gotta comment on this. A lot of folks post a pic with a comment that assumes that all the readers are local, or know them personally so that the general area is known. There is a lot of fear over hotspotting on this forum, unlike any I have ever seen but something like "Central Iowa" is not hotspotting (and what if it was my hotspot anyway - that's my call). "I was up north," is not very useful when it could be anywhere from Idaho to Maine and all points in between. I'd like to narrow that down. A little regionalism would be nice to add to some of the adventures that take place on this forum.

Okay, enough rant...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back