KUIU Teton or Attack pants

huntin' lunatic

I have looked thru all the clothing companies and have decided on getting a set from KUIU. I mostly hunt deer in Texas but want to do more elk hunting in the West. I'm big on layering and want the best versatile clothing for archery season thru gun season. I like the DWR in the attack pants. thanks for any input.

I don't have any Teton pants, but I have a few pairs of Attacks and Guide pants. I really like the Attacks. Light enough to wear on their own when it's warm, and pretty versatile for cooler weather with a wool layer under them. The 4-way stretch is extremely comfortable. I can't speak to the Teton pants, but they too look nice.

I just got a pair of the Teton pants and I like them. They are comfortable and I am a tall guy so I was worried about the length, but they are perfect. They seem to be good quality, especially for the price point. I got them on sale back in November. I haven't been able to test them out on a hunt yet, but they seem good and I'm happy with the purchase so far.

I can't speak to the Teton pants but purchased a pair of Attack pants for a first season rifle hunt for elk in CO this year. Loved them. All four of us in camp had them this year. Very comfortable and flexible for hiking/hunting. The vents are great for when it's warm or your exerting yourself. And as stated put a pair of long johns underneath and you can be pretty comfortable it cold weather.

I own both. But now i own 3 pairs of Attack. Versatility wise, Attack is the only way to go. I have worn them from late August to March while hunting, fishing, skiing, sledding etc.

I also have the Attacks and love them. I bought the Teton insulation layer jacket over the Kenai jacket because I figured it wouldn't be worth spending the extra money. the Teton is nice but the Kenai is nicer. I'd spend the extra few bucks and get the Attack pants

There's been a lot of discussion on clothing (search the threads). I own both KUIU and Sitka. Although the quality is similar, I lean more towards Sitka simply because of the customer service. I had a horrible time with KUIU and will probably never buy from them again, because of this fact. I have had great customer service with Sitka. Just my two cents.

I have two pair of attack pants. I like them alot for the comfort. However, my go to pant in brush seems to be a sitka pant. I'm sorry I can'r remember the model of sitka pant. Heavy use and old but no issues the have worn like leather.

The Teton is extremely light weight, for very warm conditions. IMO you will be better off versatility wise with the Attack pant.

On second thought I think I just confused the Teton with the Tiburon pant. Still, take all the advice and go with the Attack.

I've got the Attack pants. I LOVE THEM!!! The fit is very true to size on the attack pants. The DWR is great and the weight of the pants is very versatile with the hip vents. I wore them then entire hunting season from first week of september in WY to late Dec in WY and everything in between.

As far as the comment about KUIU's customer service, I've needed to speak with them a handful of times for questions and one warranty issue and I have never had a problem. They have been super responsive and very polite. I have no regrets using KUIU. I now own pants, jacket, down vest, base layer top, hoodie, bino case and two packs. Only one minor issue and they shipped me a new piece for free.

I have no experience with Sitka so I can't speak to them other than I didn't buy Sitka cause its so expensive.

How's the sizing on the kuiu pants?

I bought the Teton pants and was a little worried about the length. I usually wear a size 36x34 pant, which to be honest have gotten a little snug over the holidays. I just received my Teton pants a couple weeks ago. I went with a size 38 waist and it seems to be true to size. I ordered it a little bigger for a base layer underneath. The length is great. I am 6'3" and I have more than enough length. I would say they are probably around a 34" inseam or maybe even a little longer...

I have not tried the two mentioned but have tried lots of the high-performance stuff hunting the mountains 100% of the time, and prefer Prana for price and performance.

I have a pair of khaki Prana Zion pants I got for $35 on the clearance rack at REI. I have worn them for three years hunting quail and deer/ bear in the scrub oak and chamise out here and absolutely love them. I finally tore a small hole yesterday chasing quail through a burn regrowth area. My Sitka stuff sits in a bin waiting for their chance to be used. Everytime I see them on the clearance rack at REI I pick up a pair. Dry fast, do not stain from blood (critter or my own) and stretch and move better than my Sitka stuff.

Anyway, Good luck...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back