Yeti GOBOX Collection

KUIU Sale or maybe not.

wswat

Got a email from Kuiu about a big sale. So I figured maybe I would try there gear. Went in and filled my cart with 6 items and what do you know all back ordered so no sale price even though they advertised it. Tried a different pattern and still the same thing. SO REALLY NO SALE ITEMS. Emailed them to ask what's the deal and they said they are still cheaper than if the big retail stores sold their product. Well that is total BS I worked in the sporting goods industry for 14 years and I know how it works with markup on clothing. Guess they made it easy to pick Sitka gear for the value. Anyone else feel this pain when dealing with false sale marketing?

I was also going try a couple of Kuiu items with this sale, but ran into the same issue. Would have been nice if they would honor the sale price on the backorder stuff too.

When did you try to place an order......today? Usually when they have a sale you need to react quickly, I placed an order Fri. and had no problems with all the items I purchased.

They had it pretty clearly marked that the sale was for in stock merchandise only. Kind of an inventory reduction sale. I was on the site right when it first went on sale and evidently so were a lot of others as the site had some problems with the high volume. I picked up enough to get me to the $300 free shipping mark and while there were some items that were not in stock I was able to find enough stuff that I wanted to take advantage of the sale.

I really only "had" to have a pair of gaiters, but the sale and the free shipping got me to buy some stuff I otherwise probably wouldn't have.

I did have to get a pair of gloves in Verde instead of Vias to get them on sale, but that's not that big of a deal to me.

If you are a common size they are often backordered on their stuff. Not the best thing to me if they wanted to sell more, but I'm not the one that would be spending the $$$ to have that kind of stock in inventory either.

I like my Kuiu gear. They actually reduced prices on some of their stuff this past year, not many places are doing that. Their biggest complaint over and over just seems to be keeping stuff in stock.

I tried to put an order in and had the same problem, I think this happened last year to. I won't be trying again.

I had a bad deal with Kuiu customer service this fall. Long story short, I bought a jacket for my son as a gift. Too small. He called regarding an exchange and they said they didn't do exchanges. Return, refund, reorder sort of deal. Time was short on hunting season, so I told him to return for refund and ordered another jacket for him. A month later they sent him another jacket as an exchange (they said they didn't do this) for the first one. He ended up with two jackets. They then refused to refund my money on the initial purchase and would only issue a store credit for the second return.

They got me for an extra $200. But that is the last dollar of mine that Kuiu will ever see. For a company whose business model is consumer direct, they have poor customer service policies. They need to look at LL Bean and REI. Customer satisfaction should be their priority.

I picked up an Icon pro pack yesterday morning. The website was running so slow I called CS and they took my order over the phone with no problems. I've ordered a few things this year and got them in about a week.

I have been looking to upgrade my camo since my first elk trip last fall. Had it narrowed down to Sitka and Kuiu. After talking to a couple people I decided on Kuiu. Was planning on paying full price for everything but got an email 2 days after signing up about the 25% sale PERFECT!! The email said to make sure you buy early because to have access to the best selection and items. So I was ready at 8am pst (along with many others) The only thing that was backordered was the 145 beanie which I knew 3 days before the sale. My only issue I had was a slow site bc of all the people. Bought a bunch stuff and it has shipped already. Ordered on Friday. Also called CS on Thursday to make ask a couple questions and the guy I talked to was SUPER nice and gave me a few hints on ordering.

I tried to order a few items and between the time I selected them and went to checkout, they went to backorder status so I tried to change colors only to find the next selections were on backorder too so I just said forget it and moved on with my day.

I think it would've been more accurate to call it an inventory reduction sale. Good deals for those who got them though.

I just got an email on a sale on Sitka gear from Schnnees and believe it or not it is limited to in stock items only and they won't honor the sale price on back ordered items! Even worse it's only a 20% sale! Even worse all the items in my size are out of stock!

I've never had a problem with KUIU,in fact I always call ahead of going to there store to see if they have in stock my sizes and what I'm looking to purchase. They also gave me the discount the day before the last big sale along with the others that purchased that day. Over the years I've learned you pay for quality in whatever you purchase!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back