Caribou Gear Tarp

KS res deer results

Every time my email updates my heart rate picks up. Stupid MeatEater June update!

Checking my bank account and KDWPT account and nothing is changing....

Lets get with it Kansas!
Last year I could have sworn my results were at least 3 hours earlier

Still no email regarding elk

Last year my elk bonus point was credited to my account on July 27 (but not visible to my searching around that time) The Kansas hunting/fishing Facebook page eventually started deleting the members questions/comments about the Department‘s slow release of draw results.

I emailed KDWPT regarding draw results on 8/3 last year and recieved this reply:

2976863F-E60C-4108-8B4E-5A867187C1AD.jpeg

The claim was made that successful tag holders were notified by phone earlier.

Last year my elk bonus point was credited to my account on July 27 (but not visible to my searching around that time) The Kansas hunting/fishing Facebook page eventually started deleting the members questions/comments about the Department‘s slow release of draw results.

I emailed KDWPT regarding draw results on 8/3 last year and recieved this reply:

View attachment 282135

This is for the Fort Riley tag, right?

No excuse for KDWP to have such poor communication

View attachment 282135

still no email for me either. The special hunt draws have been a disaster the last 2 years too. I know there was a change in staff, so I’m assuming that is part of the issue. Not that Ill ever actually draw elk, but a guy can dream.

still no email for me either. The special hunt draws have been a disaster the last 2 years too. I know there was a change in staff, so I’m assuming that is part of the issue. Not that Ill ever actually draw elk, but a guy can dream.
Because they sent this email below, the cause of my angst….

85E997D3-B5EF-4147-8F22-83F02617C668.jpeg

I did not get an email from them on 6/26, but I had already made certain that my card on file was active and correct. And then Friday comes, I hear that deer and antelope draw results are released, and now on Saturday evening I’m feeling numb and hollow. I know that the odds even at 11 bonus points are long, but my 89 year old mom prayed that I would get to hunt elk in Ft Riley this year.

A month or so ago we were talking on the phone, and she asked what was going on in the hunting world. I told her about my late spring turkey hunting, about the elk application, and how there were no plans to go to Wyoming this fall. She immediately wanted to pray and after the prayer she says to my, “God loves me, and he answers my prayers! I believe you will get that tag”.

In her descending mental state, she barely remembered praying when I told her that Friday was the scheduled day for the draw results, and I promised her that she would be the first one I’d call when I saw the happy news. No news to share so far. Hopefully not like last year with the non-successful email coming the first week of August.

Because they sent this email below, the cause of my angst….

View attachment 282213

I did not get an email from them on 6/26, but I had already made certain that my card on file was active and correct. And then Friday comes, I hear that deer and antelope draw results are released, and now on Saturday evening I’m feeling numb and hollow. I know that the odds even at 11 bonus points are long, but my 89 year old mom prayed that I would get to hunt elk in Ft Riley this year.

A month or so ago we were talking on the phone, and she asked what was going on in the hunting world. I told her about my late spring turkey hunting, about the elk application, and how there were no plans to go to Wyoming this fall. She immediately wanted to pray and after the prayer she says to my, “God loves me, and he answers my prayers! I believe you will get that tag”.

In her descending mental state, she barely remembered praying when I told her that Friday was the scheduled day for the draw results, and I promised her that she would be the first one I’d call when I saw the happy news. No news to share so far. Hopefully not like last year with the non-successful email coming the first week of August.
I hope you draw! The odds are long, but someone has to draw. I’ve debated whether to just say the heck with it and start putting in for the cow tag instead. Still been applying for the bull tag though.

I hope you draw! The odds are long, but someone has to draw. I’ve debated whether to just say the heck with it and start putting in for the cow tag instead. Still been applying for the bull tag though.

I think this year is the first year that I’ve made my first choice the “any elk” tag.

I wonder if folks who put in for that tag realize it’s OIL…draw that and you’re not hunting Ft Riley for elk ever again.

I'd stopped checking my email every hour about Saturday evening, resigned to the fact that there wasn't going to be any release of results anytime soon. So far that is working just fine for me.

Do you hold KS residency?
I do. Kansas has a law that anyone who was a Kansas resident at the time they joined the military can draw resident tags as long as they remain in the military along with their immediate family members. My wife and I are both active duty, and she was a Kansas resident at the time she joined. My in-laws have a farm in west Kansas.

Hunting/Fishing Kansas Facebook pages state that the draw occurred Friday, with phone calls going out to the fortunate few starting this week. Alphabetically near the end, I'm certain my call will be one of the later phone calls made :sneaky:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back