Yeti GOBOX Collection

Kona Hawaii Manta Ray Dive

Sytes

Great information relayed by several of you from another person's thread a couple years back regarding activities on Kona Hawaii. I had a particular interest to check off my dive "bucket" list to dive with manta rays and it topped my expectations!

Thanks to all who shared tidbits of good info. Hah! I believe it was @elkduds who mentioned a great snorkel location on the other side of the island. I had thought we could set the time to route over though - we were booked solid with dives out of Kailua-Kona and the inability to travel without too much elevation (had to watch due to diving) we were unable to make it though had a blast! Great food - focused on local restaurants, etc.

Anyhow: The video. I tried to tone down the music volume though using a new video editor and hell, it was YouTube this and that to work through the editing though in the end, clarity is pretty good! Just may want to turn down the volume.

I really kick myself for not doing that the two times I've been there. Looks freaking awesome!

We did it with our kids a couple years ago near Kona. Was an incredible experience that I’d definitely recommend!

The snorkelers held onto rectangular flat floats with several torch lights pointed downwards. Maybe five or six kids and adults and two of these units.

They shared great stories of manta ray summersaults to the point they lightly rubbed against the snorkeler's bodies!

One young gal was absolutely mesmerized! Her brain was firing off her experience faster than she could speak! Haha!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back