Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

KISS MY @SS NAHC

Hey YH; ya if you are refering to that little flap with stu farish over there. the guy is a total idiotand a coward. He talks big when he has support from behind, but will fold like a cheap kite when challenged one on one. and i DID NOT CHALLENGE HIM at all, just simply invited him to a debate with EM. seems he was to busy
rolleyes.gif

You're talking out your ass Brushy, we all know Stu and he's neither a coward nor an idiot. He simply does not like chatrooms. What did you expect? for everyone to stand aside and have him and EM do their little discourse in the chat? It would be a total cluster flop with all the side conversations going on etc. It's hard enough having a normal conversation in a chat let alone a debate complete with links backing up your position or links refuting them. And EM is short on facts and long on claiming victory.

so that's where that noise is comming from
biggrin.gif
it was a good idea turned bad real quick. didn't know everbody had such an aversion to chat rooms. guess he does't like real time conversation, and i really don't care anymore
smile.gif

I was only vaguely aware of the Chat room flap. I guess Stu is the type of guy that would rather research his stuff- maybe he doesn't think fast on his feet. Gotta admit it- he's pretty well sent me off with my tail between my legs a couple of times. Don't underestimate the guy, Jim- he's a worthy opponent.

those are the best kind! hope he understood it was nothing personal. although he did suggest that i do bodily injury to myself
wink.gif

maybe he's a proctologist
biggrin.gif

I think the chat room has its place but the only place for a good debate is a solid thread where one has time to filter through the cranks, digest the salient points, consider the value of though presented and evaluate one's own attitudes, opinions, beliefs and values before responding, reflecting, and maybe even changing. After all, that is what debates are for. The chat room goes something like this:

Mary: Anyone catch the news?
Bill: Alex are you finished with my spurs yet?
Ted: Hi Mary.
Bill: Hi Ted! What's going on with you?
Ted: No, not yet!
Alex: No, Not yet!
Ted: You mean right now?

and so on
rolleyes.gif

Who said what and to whom??
confused.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-27-2003 14:22: Message edited by: pawclaws ]</font>

Hey Paws; yep i agree that a chat room can and does get a liitle crazy at times. and that is why i suggested the kitchen room.anybody who signs on to the chat room goes to the main lobby, and then you can swithch rooms to have a semi-private conversation if you wish.
Ya know, i still think it was a good idea, but nobody else did, so i will yield for the common good and not bring up chat rooms again
however if what you say is true, then we would never again be subjected to national debates between our political parties.
and i'm thinkin thats a really good thing
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-27-2003 17:58: Message edited by: brushy ]</font>

I'd kind of like to see National Debates where the questions are from the floor of voters, with no advance notice and are assigned to candidates randomly. The very most cool incident I saw was where a high school kid asked Clinton when running for the first term, if he could name any country that had taxed itself into properity. I rolled on the floor laughing!
biggrin.gif

Yo Paws, i know i'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but didn't you just contradict your previous response? of course i am easily confused
biggrin.gif

Wouldn't the difference be that the politicians (liars) are supposed to be fast on their feet? I mean come on, they are making stuff up not like an honorable debate among bulletin board members who are actually searching for the truth.

Therein lies the truth of the matter. If a debate could be done "live" without the interferece then it would be cool. The BB thread "acts" as a filter to such interference. The really neat thing about "live" is that the best way to respond to questions is with the truth. Of course oral responses would be best so some sphincter isn't squealing about typewriting skills or spelling correctness.
frown.gif
No it is not contradictory; it is expansive and axplanatory.

Hey Paws, lets just see how confused you can actually get me
confused.gif

You defend Stu's unwillingness to participate in a private chat room exercise because he needs time to think about, research, and formulate his answers( and engaging ones brain before ones mouth is always a good thing
biggrin.gif
) But yet you like the political debates for the opposite reasons. now i know that i can be dunmb as a stump sometimes, but i'm just not getting it, but then again, i'm easily confused
confused.gif

Brushy never underestimate the value of confusion! After all it merely shows the ability to consider more than one thought at a time!!
biggrin.gif
Yes in the chat room you are at a terrible disadvantage for concentrating on responding to questions because of all the interference, the skill required to deliver a typewritten answer, and the general confusion. Televised political debates do not have those obstacles to overcome and for the most part the questions asked are "known in advance" and the replies are prepared for delivery. About the same scenario as a BB thread; except of course it is oral. I prefer spontaneous answers, especially in the political environment; but prefer honest answers even if they have to be thought out before being presented.
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-28-2003 14:19: Message edited by: pawclaws ]</font>

Paws; just when the fog of confusion was starting to lift, now you tell me the political candidates know the questions in advance
eek.gif
what next? I suppose there's no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

No, no; I'm Santa Clause, CG is the Easter Bunny, and Moosie is the fairy!
wink.gif

Hey Ya Griz!! Welcome aboard.

Personally I think Mossie skin is a bit tougher than Grizzly skin.

At least I haven't encountered any censorship for A) aspousing my solemn oath to uphold the constituition, B) Taking a stance of supporting FREE SPEACH, C) asking a pointed , staright forward question concerning policy and management physolophy, and D) Just plain shooting my mouth off, cuz I felt like it!!!!

And after the Misc. Board BS the NAHC Lord Almighty's just pulled on it's paying members, I really don't want any more to do with them!

I was a happy, life member, until this. Now I'm OUT!!!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back