Kimber Mountain Ascent - My Experience

Great looking set up. In the process of doing the same thing. Just wondering if you could give me advice on how the muzzle adapter being attached to the rifle with the Kimber thread adapter and then the suppressor works. You obviously have experience with this setup. I on the other hand don’t. But this is what I’m trying to achieve with my .308. I as told by my can manufacture that this increases risk due to so many adapters.

Using three threaded connects probably does increase the risk of misalignment. Google suppressor alignment rod for youtube videos on using these to check alignment. They're pricey so it probably easier/cheaper to go to a gunsmith or NFA dealer to have your barrel/suppressor alignment checked.

I also used the Kimber adaptor, and I use the SilencerCo Omega ASR brake and QD mount on 3 rifles. I did not perform an alignment check but have had no issues switching the suppressor between 3 rifles of different calibers. I used loctite on the adapter and ASR brake so they are mounted "permanently" to the rifles. My understanding is that the major suppressor manufacturers like Rugged and my SilencerCo have sufficient quality control such that alignment check is rarely necessary. I think it's of more concern if you have a non factory threaded barrel, and a suppressor made at home or by a low volume builder.

Good luck and show us your rifle when you get it put together.

Using three threaded connects probably does increase the risk of misalignment. Google suppressor alignment rod for youtube videos on using these to check alignment. They're pricey so it probably easier/cheaper to go to a gunsmith or NFA dealer to have your barrel/suppressor alignment checked.

I also used the Kimber adaptor, and I use the SilencerCo Omega ASR brake and QD mount on 3 rifles. I did not perform an alignment check but have had no issues switching the suppressor between 3 rifles of different calibers. I used loctite on the adapter and ASR brake so they are mounted "permanently" to the rifles. My understanding is that the major suppressor manufacturers like Rugged and my SilencerCo have sufficient quality control such that alignment check is rarely necessary. I think it's of more concern if you have a non factory threaded barrel, and a suppressor made at home or by a low volume builder.

Good luck and show us your rifle when you get it put together.

Attachments

• A675023A-5D3F-410B-8DAA-BC243FCD4BD8.jpeg
    A675023A-5D3F-410B-8DAA-BC243FCD4BD8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
@Hummer use RockSet instead of Loctite. It won’t soften under heat.

JLS, thanks, I didn't know about the softening under heat issue. You reminded me that I actually used RockSet because that's what was provided by SilencerCo for mounting the ASR QD mount. I recently bought more Loctite for another purpose so that was on my mind.

117461-2c39ce49066ae65fe0aaff9e940b66af.jpg

Nice rifle, nice deer!

I'm interested in a photo of your Mountain Ascent with the suppressor but I suppose I should start a separate thread....

JLS, thanks, I didn't know about the softening under heat issue. You reminded me that I actually used RockSet because that's what was provided by SilencerCo for mounting the ASR QD mount. I recently bought more Loctite for another purpose so that was on my mind.
Yeah, the Loctite will burn out. Also, RockSet can be softened by soaking in hot water.

Back