MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Kifaru supertarp?

Andrewlonghi

Leaning towards purchasing the kifaru supertarp with annex. Does anyone have or used this shelter system any info tips on it?

I used one for years .After waking up one morning with it collapsed on top of my sleeping bag I sold it.They don't hold up well with a snow load

I used one for years .After waking up one morning with it collapsed on top of my sleeping bag I sold it.They don't hold up well with a snow load
Thanks for the info. I ended up going with the supertarp and annex should be at my house tomorrow.

Leaning towards purchasing the kifaru supertarp with annex. Does anyone have or used this shelter system any info tips on it?
There was a Megatarp and annex for sale not long ago on Kifaru Insiders FB page if you are looking for more room than the supertarp. Good looking setup!

viam outdoors has some shelters that are similar but bigger and some are close to the megatarp.

viam outdoors has some shelters that are similar but bigger and some are close to the megatarp.
I like some of the VO stuff, havent looked much at their shelters though. I should give them a look. Currently using a SO 6 man.

I like some of the VO stuff, havent looked much at their shelters though. I should give them a look. Currently using a SO 6 man.
If their shelters are anything like their quilts they are awesome. I got a 0 degree quilt and it works amazing and the workmanship is second to none.

Ive heard great things about their sleep systems. I am currently using Kifaru slick bag, quilt, and woobie. So I havent really felt a need to switch it up as im digging all things Kifaru.

Guess I could look it up, but what’s the weight? I tried going floorless but the dust and dirt out here in AZ/NM was a bit much, especially on electronics after 1-2 weeks in the backcountry.
24 oz

My 20 year old Kifaru Para-Tipi is still in use.

The places we've been and seen!

If snow and cold is expected, it and the small wood burner is coming with me.

Back