Kifaru LongHunter

Yukon Hunter

Anyone have any experience with Kifaru stuff? As much as I like their tipis and stoves, I think I'll have to pass- to many bugs up here to go without a floor, and no fuel for the stove where I'm going for Sheep.
However, I really like what I've seen and heard about their packs.
Opinions?

Yukon,

I didn't see the post before now. I bought a Longhunter Rendevouz (the biggest) pack for my sheep hunt this year. In my opinion I got what I paid for.

Its very comfortable in packing 80 pound loads. Very quiet, and great for bivouac hunting. The Gun Bearer system is golden. It really allows you to use both hands when going up the vertical rocks, but allows instant access. I'd bet I could shoulder a rifle faster from the gun bearer than from being slung over the shoulder.

I got the cargo shelf and I liked it as use for a chair for the extended glassing sessions. The more comfortable you are the longer you glass the more animals are seen.

I was skeptical at first about dropping that kind of money for a pack until I tried one on at the FNAWS show. Went back and tried it on again at the RMEF and SCI shows.

It's a lifetime pack. Its money well spent if you pack hunt.

T Bone

Back