Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kentucky Elk results

Seen Elk hunts there on TV, looks like it would be a fun hunt, especially with all the extra oxygen

No KY elk tag for me either I am 0 for 6 so far guess that means I'm gonna get that MT. Sheep tag or ID moose would be okay too..... LOL:D

Stopped applying there.Watched Eastmans show on it,and didn't seem like much of a hunt and the draw odds are unreal.Don't apply here in Pa for same reasons.Think I'd be happier with a raggy deep in the Rockies over picking whichever bull I wanted to shoot

the KY elk herd i am not familiar with but i have spent many a day in the woods in and around Elk county PA and it is diffentatly worth appling for. great herd good bulls and might be a tough draw but everyone gets lucky sooner or later

The bulls are huge here in Pa with many 400" bulls killed each year.Draw odds aren't good and NR get an equal shot as residents at the tags.We don't bitch about that here in Pa either.But, the hunting is pretty easy as the success rate shows.Just not my style of elk hunting

Its definitely worth a shot. I drew and had success two years ago when you had a 1 in 40 chance of being drawn.

Goose eggs for all my crew this year though. We'll hit it again next year.

Back