Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Kennetrek Fit

406LIFE

I've spent about 4 hours in the store the past few days trying Kennetrek Mountain Extreme and the Mountain Guide, both in insulate and NI, sizes 10, 10.5, and 11 (all M and W.) I've also tried 3 different insoles not including the factory ones.

My issue: The arch is simply placed too far back for comfort. Just one lap around the store and all these boots hurt my feet enough to take them off. I've never had this issue with other boots before.

So my questions: 1. Is this a Kennetrek brand-specific issue? 2. If you have experienced this with Kennetrek boots, did the break in get you to where you need to be? 3. Is there a magic insole that I have not tried?

The only Kenetreks I’ve had that work for my feet are their Pac Boots. It’s too bad because I would love to wear them.

I haven't had an issue with mine. I did switch from the factory insole to the superfeet orange insole. My break in period was about the 30 mile mark just wondering if your arch is something that may need to be custom made? I also only try on boots with the sock combination I wear, silk sock liner and REI expedition sock.

My 3 pair fit perfect for my feet

How does that help me or answer my questions?

I haven't had an issue with mine. I did switch from the factory insole to the superfeet orange insole. My break in period was about the 30 mile mark just wondering if your arch is something that may need to be custom made? I also only try on boots with the sock combination I wear, silk sock liner and REI expedition sock.

I don't have this issue with any other boots, and I use Orange Superfeet as well. and I tried them on with my hunting socks.

I had to change out to superfeet insoles because the kennetreks were to high of a arch. The first day I wore them with the original insoles I almost had to crawl back to the pickup. After the insole change they are Awsome

406Life = I have an high arch myself and I used their fitment guide that you print from their website ( printer paper with grids ).
We did this because there were no vendors anywhere on the East Coast in order to test fit the 2 pairs my friend and I bought this summer.
I didn't feel like the arch was out of place but they did feel like they were unusually thick soled, maybe this was the arch issue you speak of?
We both made sure we got close to 50 miles each on the break in before our AZ hike (hunt) this December.

10Dogs

I had this exact problem. I thought maybe it would change after the break in. After 2 years I scrapped them and switched to Crispi, and I’ve been extremely happy with them. There is no reason to try and make them work if they hurt at all in the store.

I had this exact problem. I thought maybe it would change after the break in. There is no reason to try and make them work if they hurt at all in the store.

This^^ I know how badly you want to wear them cuz I did too and I had the same experience in the store. I ended up buying a pair that felt like the arch was in the right place but after a lot of miles (thinking the boot was still breaking in) it turned out the boot was probably too small. Kenetrek is willing to let me try a larger size but after the pain my feet have endured, I’m not sure I want to. Oh and I switched out the factory insoles immediately. I need to try Crispis, but the ones I want are hard to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back