Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Kenetrek Size Advice

jmchristian13

I tried on several boots and really liked how the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes felt. My question is will they shrink? My feet measured 11. The 11 felt really good. I have heard with leather boots you should buy a half size larger due to the leather shrinking. But when I was walking around with the 11.5 they were on the loose side and I could feel my heal slipping so I’m hoping I can stay with the 11. Thanks in advance!!

I wear an 11 normally and have 11 kenetreks that are just fine. In my case the only time I feel they are too tight is if I have on really heavy socks but in most cases if I don’t pull the laces super tight my boots seem to relax. The exterior leather itself isn’t super thick like work boot leather so I can’t see that it would be able to shrink up much given all the other materials behind the leather. But I am just an IT guy not a shoe expert. But tag soup. Getting good at that.

I can't answer the shrinkage question, I bought a pair of 12s used off ebay, but I suspect they don't shrink much. I always wear 12s and tried on a new pair and they fit good. When I got the used ones they fit good, but once I put them on the mountain, I got some heel slipping and hot spots. For the next hunt I put some gel heel cushions in and they worked great, felt comfortable all day. So going big might not help with heel slip since I got it with my normal size. But, make sure you size them with room for socks and consider foot swell, usually the most at end of day. Go back with your two sock system in the afternoon after you've been on your feet all day and try them on.

When trying on any mountain hunting boot like the Kenetrek mountain extremes where the sock/ sock combination that you'll wear in the field! My Kenetrek mountain extremes are a size 13, I wear a silk liner and rei expedition sock, I never deivate! Mine are 5 plus years old, they've been to BC twice, Montana every season plus turkey hunting! Good luck

I tried on several boots and really liked how the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes felt. My question is will they shrink? My feet measured 11. The 11 felt really good. I have heard with leather boots you should buy a half size larger due to the leather shrinking. But when I was walking around with the 11.5 they were on the loose side and I could feel my heal slipping so I’m hoping I can stay with the 11. Thanks in advance!!

I've got multiple pairs. But the fitted size, not anything larger or smaller. Buying larger, even a half size, is the quick path to blisters. If you use the standard fitting horn, you should go with an 11 if that is what your size comes out to be.

I've got multiple pairs. But the fitted size, not anything larger or smaller. Buying larger, even a half size, is the quick path to blisters. If you use the standard fitting horn, you should go with an 11 if that is what your size comes out to be.
W

Hey brother, have a question, and wanted to ask someone who has had a pair. Bout to order the kenetrek mountain extreme 400. I have had two pairs of meindl perfect hunter boots. My 2nd pair still in great shape, but I like to have two pairs to rotate out. I wear 12.5 wide in the meindl's. Is kenetrek extreme 400s a good choice? Virginia bow hunter is my purpose. Meindl made a line of boots exclusively for cabelas, perfekt hunter with a cork bed insole. Since bass pro acquired cabelas, apparently bass pro isnt going to carry the boot. Meindl is a German company, I really like everything I've ever purchased made in germany. I made an attempt to acquire from the company but you have to go through a retailer, and cork bed insoles was exclusive to the line for cabelas only. So I'm going to order the kenetrek mountain extreme 400s in a 12 wide, since they do not offer half sizes. Just wondering if you had any advice, or think this is the right way to go. Thx in advance for any insight here.

First off is there Sportsman’s Warehouse in your area? They sell kenetrek’s. I would not size down, if anything I’d order size 13. Like I wrote above I wear a sock combination, a silk liner and rei expediton sock. I also changed out the insole to a Superfeet insole.

I know this is an older thread but....

I wear size 10 boots for work on a daily basis. I have also used 10.5. Both have worked well

Currently looking at some Kenetrek Mountain Extremes in 10.5. I'm also thinking about the 1/2 size larger in the event I put on thicker socks or a liner/sock combination. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntND90
Back