Keeping A Secret....

2nd to last weekend.
March in from the West.

Finally I get to hunt with a friend who was planning to be there from the beginning.
An unfortunate fall from a ladder back in July blew apart his ankle apart. Surgery, two screws, and a boot. No weight on foot until the end of September.
Welcome to hard-core, steel determination, ...full on Beast Mode.
Dude has killed a ram, goat, moose with rifle, and a 380 bull with bow in this country. He IS the man. We have become brothers.

Off we go at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon. 8 miles. By dark, it starts raining sleeting.
Unfamiliar country to me we are climbing to 9000 ft plus, on a secret trail. Headlamps . Clear a snow footprint for two tents and crawl in soaking wet. I never got warm that night. Snow / sleet all night.
Next day locked in fog. Spent the entire day in the tent.View attachment 198452View attachment 198454

By evening things showing a change. A few elk bugling.
Welcome to sheep hunting.
The suffering has to come first!

One word. Wow. I'm not a sheep guy by any means but I followed along for the adventure of seeing it through someone else. You definitely did just that. What an adventure it was! Congrats, and thanks for the great story.

Reactions: Hem
Congratulations! Any animal in that country is well earned. I look at those mountains everyday dreaming about doing what you just did. You are a lucky man. I am jealous.

Reactions: Hem
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back