MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Kastking spinning reels.

Valgrego

Does anyone have experience with Kastking reels? I'm looking at the Sharky 3. Good reviews on several sites and a couple on Youtube, but I've learned to be somewhat skeptical about most reviews.

I have a Kastking Centron that I got mostly because the price was right and because the reviews on Amazon were good. It seems about what I'd expect from a $25 reel. It still works but I only used it a few times before I decided to get one I actually want to use (a Daiwa BG - not the same price class but a world of difference in build quality).

It is functional and seems fine as an entry level reel (or if it was just something to throw in the back of the car and not car if it gets pretty beat up).

If I was buying something in the same price point again (or even in the $50-60 price range of the Sharky), I'd take a close look at the similarly-priced lines from Shimano and Daiwa.

I have a Kastking Centron that I got mostly because the price was right and because the reviews on Amazon were good. It seems about what I'd expect from a $25 reel. It still works but I only used it a few times before I decided to get one I actually want to use (a Daiwa BG - not the same price class but a world of difference in build quality).

It is functional and seems fine as an entry level reel (or if it was just something to throw in the back of the car and not car if it gets pretty beat up).

If I was buying something in the same price point again (or even in the $50-60 price range of the Sharky), I'd take a close look at the similarly-priced lines from Shimano and Daiwa.
Cornell, thanks. I have read some great reviews about the Diawa BG. Maybe I'll save up my lunch money and get one of those. I'm currently using a Pflueger President that I've had for many years - one of the smoothest reels I've ever used. I'm looking for something with a little stronger drag, hence the Sharky inquiry. Thanks again!

I bought one a few years ago to make up a surf rod. I only use it once a year but I was suprised how well built it was. It has a high/low retrieve that works great.

Back