Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kampfeld Custom

Now that is a wild looking rifle!

Cut a bunch of metal out and then added a heavy stock. What does it weigh all put together?

I'm a fan of thumb-hole stocks as well.
I was so giddy yesterday I didn’t have him weigh it…. it is much lighter than stock, and that’s all I know currently. I don’t have a scale to weigh it. All you fisherman will be disappointed in me.
I have another Tikka with a synthetic stock and love it too, but a thumbhole with the feel of wood is magic. The thumbhole is a featherweight and much lighter than it looks.

Last edited:
Is he putting rifles together again and cerakoting? I know when he moved he was so busy with bolt fluting/skelotonizing that was all he was doing.
He had two employees working hard yesterday, and is busy. I am not sure, but he tore mine down. He then (in no particular order) tuned her up, fluted everything, added the muzzle brake and cerakoted everything before reassembling. He’s so skilled, good to work with, and one of the nicest guys on the planet.

Carl does fantastic work in a timely fashion. Really like his stuff and your rifle is no exception.

Carl does fantastic work in a timely fashion. Really like his stuff and your rifle is no exception.
It was quick for the level of workmanship, and he kept me updated. He’s quick to respond to emails too.

Nice rifle OP. Karl is an extremely nice guy and his work is top notch. He flutes everything for all my rifles and builds.

First three rounds. I think she’ll shoot.

Attachments

• D1C9EED5-8FCC-49CA-B48F-8D0FF72A04EC.jpeg
    D1C9EED5-8FCC-49CA-B48F-8D0FF72A04EC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back