Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Just when you think politicians never listen...

Love it. Just wish he was slightly more well spoken, and that it was Randy sitting there talking.

Still great to hear though!

Mike Simpson has been a friend to hunters & anglers for a long time.

He's not always there, but he's a powerful ally on the things we agree with him on.

I've always had great appreciation for Representative Simpson. I can assure that if not for him starting the House process of wolf delisting, the Simpson-Tester rider that got MT and ID their wolf seasons, would not have happened.

The context of him being this big of a supporter on public lands when many of his fellow delegates from ID are close to, if not all the way, anti-public land, is even more remarkable.

If any of you are from Idaho, I hope you will give him some accolades for his testimony today.
Link here - http://simpson.house.gov/contact/

I cannot over emphasize the value of him hearing positive reinforcement on this position from his fellow Idaho citizens. I can assure you that shortly after the Committee hearings, some of the anti-public land folks let him know their displeasure with his comments.

Done. What a breath of fresh air from all the other garbage rhetoric going around. Emailed the link to all my old cronies I grew up with in Idaho and told them to do the same.
-Cade

Couldn't send a message through his website, but did send a thank you message through the facebook.

The context of him being this big of a supporter on public lands when many of his fellow delegates from ID are close to, if not all the way, anti-public land, is even more remarkable.

Very true. Rep Labrador and Senator Risch make no secret of their disdain for public lands, and while Senator Crapo can sometimes seem ambivalent his recent voting history reveals his anti public land stance. Don't even get me started on the state legislature.

First thing coming out of an Idaho politician I can be proud of. Now if he can get his fellow ID congressmen to start thinking on similar ways and extend some influence to the state legislature we would really be making progress.

I saw this as well and already sent a message to Simpson thanking him.

I also attended the joint hearing a couple days ago at our capital for Utah's plea to Idaho to help them fund legal pursuit of state takeover. I'm no lawyer, but the legal argument presented seemed weak at best (based on violation of equal sovereignty of the states). The two politicians from Utah were awful, contradicting themselves numerous times and making it abundantly clear that their ultimate goal was to populate and increase natural resource extraction on these lands while promising that no land would be sold and public access would actually increase. Comical.

Rep. Ilana Rubel and Sen. Michelle Stennett deserve thanks for asking pointed questions during the hearing helping to expose some of the foolishness of what was being proposed.

Glad to read that "there are no plans to reconsider the issue again this year."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...gs/letters-from-the-west/article63227797.html

You gotta love it when one guy stands up and claims there will be no disturbances on the surface and no degradation of recreational quality only to have the next guy stand up and say that if we had control over this land it would be much easier to run a cross country north to south highway, high tension power lines, fiber pipes, coal mines to pay for schools as Wyoming does, oil and gas exploration yada yada yada.

It really reminded me of buying used cars where the salesman talks up with a great reliable model the1988 Oldsmobile was and then they ship you into the finance room where they proceed to tell you how it's going to break down and when it does you are not going to be able to pay for it so you're obviously going to need service warranty.

I missed this thread the first time through. Thanks so much to Rep. Simpson! You're my guy! Despite I'm in Illinois.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back