MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Just doesn’t feel right . . .

Is suppressed 45/70 more your speed? I had my Marlin 1895 GSBL threaded (nitrided stainless with laminate stocks), and its a pleasure to shoot with supersonics, can't wait to work up a 500 grain subsonic load.
It’s not the cartridge choice, it’s the lever action. To each their own, but the only thing more sacreligious than a suppressor and rail light on a lever gun would be a pair of suppressors on a SxS shotgun :)

Unfortunately there are jurisdictions where you're not allowed to own or use some types of commonly available firearms that certain people might find advantageous to defending one's life. This might be an answer for those who live in such places.

Unfortunately there are jurisdictions where you're not allowed to own or use some types of commonly available firearms that certain people might find advantageous to defending one's life. This might be an answer for those who live in such places.
A pump 12 gauge shotgun is a classic home defense option - no plastic or rails required ( yes - I am aware there are many tacti-cool shotguns too )

They dont Make em anymore I don't think but look up the Winchester 9410. Fun little 410 lever action I dont know what they bring now but I paid a LOT less 15 years ago for mine. It's a much more handsome rifle than the wanna be terminator Henry to boot.

Henry does have a more traditional lever action. But all including the terminator are way too expensive for me to justify the purchase.

A pump 12 gauge shotgun is a classic home defense option - no plastic or rails required ( yes - I am aware there are many tacti-cool shotguns too )
I don't disagree with you. I have a 12 gauge pump in my bedroom at all times. But not everybody wants that. And in all honesty it's not likely the firearm I'd grab if such an occasion arises.

Not my thing, but it would be a pretty good home defense gun. Very little recoil and there are some dynamite home defense .410 loads now. Not for me, however. My wife likes her Judge just fine!

I don't disagree with you. I have a 12 gauge pump in my bedroom at all times. But not everybody wants that. And in all honesty it's not likely the firearm I'd grab if such an occasion arises.
I wasn’t disagreeing either, just adding to the thought. Between a sig p229 & a 12 gauge I feel my bedroom is well guarded - I am not a big “ar” for self defense person. YMMV.

"Between a sig p229 & a 12 gauge I feel my bedroom is well guarded "

I used to use the exact recipe but switched half the ingredients to a revolver.

I just got a Youth model Henry (.22 LR) for the kids, and I have been very impressed with it.

I don't see one of the .410's in my future, kinda makes my skin crawl.

It’s not the cartridge choice, it’s the lever action. To each their own, but the only thing more sacreligious than a suppressor and rail light on a lever gun would be a pair of suppressors on a SxS shotgun :)

I have a shotgun suppressor to put on my H&R 12ga, I need to put it together. I looked into putting two Salvos on a SxS, but I just don't think there is enough room.

Attachments

• marlin.jpg
    marlin.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 6
Back