Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Just can’t get motivated!!

C17loadclear

Hey guys,

Just wondering if I am the only one that can’t get motivated about hunting season.

I have tons of excuses to include a health issue but the bottom line is it’s still an excuse.

Maybe after I find out if I drew Wyoming Elk it will get me going…Maybe…🤬

Anyone else?

Its where you live! I spent 10 days up there a few years ago chasing whitetails and i seen sun 15 total minutes. Spring and better weather is coming, that will get you out and feeling better i bet. I know that wyoming tag will definitely help if you draw.

Reactions: DFS
I just had the worst week at work in years. Lots of blood, vomit, and then getting raked repeatedly by supervisors. I forced myself to get in the turkey woods after work. Made it out 3 times, despite being late out the door more than once. Got out there and still just thinking about work nonstop…did get it off my mind a few moments when I got toms to respond to me.

Tempted to sit on the couch and drink beer instead. Glad I didn’t.

You guys are awesome… The comments are funny but true..We live in a narrow valley that doesn’t get much sun..For example, sandpoint has no snow and we still have a couple of feet in some areas…

Thanks for the reinforcement that I am not alone.

How old are you? You don't really need to answer, but the reason I ask is I had a friend that lost his drive to do things he used to love and it ended up being low-T.

I've experienced it myself and when it came back I realized I was going through a little bit of seasonal depression. Stay active and see how things progress over the next several weeks.

Try something different. Maybe a different species or fly fishing, etc. My bet is that the drive will return once you realize you miss it.
Something unexpected happened to me the past two weeks: I have been hovering around mild hypertension the past few years and did a bit of research. I ordered some beet root extract ,which I honestly have given zero consideration to in the past. Unknowingly, this stuff increases stamina, athletic performance and drive in addition to opening/relaxing vessels... which I was not aware of. My BP is now lower than it has been in years and I feel a LOT more energized. I feel less need for sleep or rest and seem to have a lot more "go". I am not sure if this is the norm, but it is a pleasant surprise for me.
I have always been active and put a lot of miles in hiking and hunting, but admit at 61, I was less motivated to tackle steep mountains with a heavy pack than in my earlier years. I now feel more motivated. Hopeful that the effects are lasting.

Go to the gym in the morning. Forty minutes on the treadmill and a half hour light weights and I feel like new.

Think about doing something new. I'm getting worked up over my third trip to Africa in August. I'll be hunting another new area for new animals (sixteen here already). Also exploring a Patagonia stag hunt for next year. The shopping is interesting. I'm signing up to be a Safari Club measurer this coming week. Closest official measurer is in Saskatchewan. It's expensive to get started but we have taxidermy clients who are interested. An old friend in town does B&C but he is not in good health. He will need someone to take over soon. Something new to do that keeps the oar in the water. Also in the process of upgrading my hunting rifle. It's getting reblued as I write this.

I'm feeling the same way. For April in Iowa it's been very cold, damp, and windy. I want to get out and do something outside but it just sucks right now.

Back