Just a few more photos if anyone is interested

Big Sky

Here are a just a few more photos from South Africa. This first one is one of my favorites as it actually shows JJHack working for a living instead of playing and getting paid for it
wink.gif

JimTruckAfrica.jpg

Here is another view of a nice impala ram that was about 20 yards from me while I was in a ground blind. What I wouldn't have given for a rifle instead of a camera!!!
ImpalaHerdFront.jpg

This is a herd of kudu at a mineral lick. I'm not positve but I think some of the lighter colored smaller animals just might be female nyala. There were so many animals coming and going sometimes that it was impossible to keep track of everything.
KuduNyala.jpg

And finally this last photo, just because I think it looks cool. This is a young impala ram, but catching him relaxed for two seconds while he drank was a pretty good stunt. These things hardly ever relax. Hope you all enjoyed a few more pic's to view.
100_0006.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-23-2003 12:11: Message edited by: Big Sky ]</font>

Troy, Are you implying that my job was easy the last week with the 10 and 12 year old hunters? Had I hired out the work to another PH, he would probably never have wanted to work for me again!

I have often said this job must be like being a hooker. I'm getting paid for doing something fun. Those two little boys were a handful to make successful, and to just keep their attention span adjusted for the hunt. I would have to say I worked during that period.

Now the first guy, and the last guy I took out this year were just plain fun. It was all hunting with little to no effort on my part. Although the last guy shot only one imapala it was still nice to have a real "hunter" in camp then a shooter!

Even with the 25% of the time I spend hunting with my clients. Remember there is still the other majority of time I spend with paperwork, and whiners and the other related stuff needed to make the camp flow properly. Think about some of the high maintainance folks you saw and what it's like after a whole season like that!

9 of 10 hunters are wonderful, maybe even higher then that. However there seems to always be one person that's a bit off from the rest. It sure makes the whole seaoson memorable. Nobody beats the big guy I told you about, fortunately there is only one that bad in a lifetime and it's behind me now!

Awsome Pictures BigSky.. BUT you were there for a week or so... SHOW MORE !!! Giraffes, Baboons... The works man !!

JJHack, just pulling your chain man, you did notice the (
wink.gif
)at the end of my sentence didn't you? Those two kids were definitely a hand full no doubt. You got to admit though, Africa is just cool enough to help negate things like little rascals and that mega-bozo you had to deal with.

Moosie I got some real cool stuff like giraffes, rhino, Livingston Eland and kudu on video tape. I have no clue how to grab stills off the video though. I know it can be done I'm just not computer savvy enough to know how to do it. You might have to give me a ring some time and walk me through how to post a little video or how to pull a still off a video.

Big SKY, Thanx for the pictures and We'll talk about how to get Stills. BEst program I found in Pinnacle (SP?) Greeny uses something too but I'm not sure which one he uses.

JJhack, Thats for the Adsitional Photo's. Next time trade with a guy that knows how to use a camera and pull stills from a video
wink.gif

NUT, Thanx for the help with the Pic sizing...

Trying to figure out how to post here, those are some nice pictures, I'll be in So. Africa July 22nd just getting more pumped by looking at these photos.

More great pics and thanks, I really like that zebra!!!
Welcome to Hunttalk Shane Sorenson We are very glad to have you on board!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Here are a few more photo's as I get time to add them.

fbefa9cd.jpg

fbefa871.jpg

fbefa919.jpg

fbefaa59.jpg

fbefaa2f.jpg

This is a Pangolin. So rare that people live their entire life in the bush and never see a single one. It's the second I have seen in my life and I was so pleased to be able to show it to the hunters I had with me. Its one step below finding a bigfoot!

I doubt I will ever see another one. Although I have actually seen two which is more then nearly anyone I know so I'm just lucky with the pangolins I guess!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-25-2003 11:55: Message edited by: JJHACK ]</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back