It's a lonely stage that we been goin' through
So don't get up I can find my own way to the door
And I can see you are an angel
With wings that won't unfold
Tune up your harp, polish your old halo
The only kind of man that you ever wanted
Was the one that you knew
You'd never hold very long
Sittin' there cryin', like I'm the first one to go......

I also liked "Bogangles"

He was not far from you. Did you get to see him perform ?

RIP and thank you

On one of the early "That 70's Show" seasons Red loses his job and he and his coworkers hit the bar to drown their sorrows on the last day. Eric and his crew go to pick him up after a phone call home. Then, Kitty has to drive them all home as they drive her crazy singing along to "that Redneck Mother song". She makes them turn it off and then let's them play it again.

Perfect tune to capture a moment. RIP Jerry Jeff and thanks for giving us your music.

On one of the early "That 70's Show" seasons Red loses his job and he and his coworkers hit the bar to drown their sorrows on the last day. Eric and his crew go to pick him up after a phone call home. Then, Kitty has to drive them all home as they drive her crazy singing along to "that Redneck Mother song". She makes them turn it off and then let's them play it again.

Perfect tune to capture a moment. RIP Jerry Jeff and thanks for giving us your music.
Great episode from a great show. Rewatching as an adult makes me realize what great characters Red and Kitty were, and well acted too.

"Jack, you know that sumbitch is comin."

When some street entrepreneurs in Crested Butte decided to stage The 1st Annual All Star Music Festival in the mid 1980s, Jerry Jeff was headliner, I was MC. Such a straight from the gut and heart dude. After closing the festival he went into CB and played solo in a bar for donations, and gave those donations to the Festival as well. Prine, Shaver, Walker... I hope Willie is taking care of himself.

Last edited:
Back