Jim Zumbo?????

I guess you think it's a positive thing for hunting to have the Brady group touting Zumbo's comments on their blogs and websites as the new poster boy? I never said gun caliber and other restrictions were against the 2nd. I said if you freely give up or advocate making the use of a .308 rifle illegal just because of the way it looks then don't be surprised when all .308 semi auto hunting guns are eliminated. Do you agree with your buddy Dumbo's reference to the guns in question being terrorist weapons?

I agree with Zumbo 100%...

wow, i cant seem to break 50%.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Buzz, you are on the same page with John Kerry.
you are both wrong,.... but on the same page.

After the pheasant hunt/photo op, Kerry then used his newly
discovered hunting reputation to position himself as a friend of
hunters, but an opponent of "bad guns." Yes, he said, he believes
in the Second Amendment, but he eats what he kills and uses a
12 gauge instead of assault rifles, which have no business in
hunting.

Buzz, ignorance is never an acceptable excuse.
you should do a little research before you jump on the passing band wagon.

Mvc-016f.jpg

The Bushmaster Varminter was able to group three shots into 1/4" at 100 yards with regularity using the super-accurate Barnes VLC bullets. The worst groups shot from the bench rest were 3/4" at 100 yards! The representative 1/4" group shown above (that's a DIME shown for comparison!) show the Varminter to be one seriously accurate rifle!

the "Varminter"
Mvc-017f.jpg

JB,

I dont believe assault weapons should be legal weapons to use for big-game hunting. I also dont believe it should be legal to hunt big-game with 22 centerfires. Just like I dont believe it should be legal to hunt waterfowl with an 8 gauge. Just like I dont believe you should be able to hunt big-game with a .22 long rifle. I also dont believe a 50 bmg should be used for hunting big-game. I have no problem with making certain calibers, classes of firearms, types of ammunition, etc. illegal for hunting purposes.

As far as people being allowed to own them...100% behind their right to own and shoot them.

Ringer,

Try living in reality instead of your make believe, NRA induced paranoia-world.

There is no difference in a hunting regulation that bans certain rounds from being used than from certain styles of firearms....NO DIFFERENCE.

OK, thanks for clarifying that you believe the way a gun looks should determine whether it is legal to use or not. That took way longer than if you would have just admitted that up front. Now, why are you so hung up on shooting an elk or deer with a .22 rimfire? As far as I can se you are the only one who threw that bogus point out there. Bottom line is you are in favor of gun control. If you are advocating making a gun illegal for hunting that is exactly like a legal weapon that looks different then you are willing to control what your neighbor can use just because his stock is different. Your logic defies logic.

As far as people being allowed to own them...100% behind their right to own and shoot them.

i think everyone would agree with that.

i think it would be best to limit hunting of big game to caliber and energy level....not style of rifle.
so you cant hunt big game in your state with a 22 but you can hunt them with a 300 whisper?
30 cal bullet on a 221 fireball case?

which one would be more unethical?

Bottom line is Ringer, I'm not for any kind of gun control. Perhaps you need to look into that comprehension course.

I said I was 100% in favor and fully support everyones right to own and shoot any type of firearm they choose.

When it comes to HUNTING...I'm in favor or limiting firearms based on ANYTHING that hunters feel like adopting for a regulation. I think assault weapons should not be used for hunting.

I'm smart enough to understand the difference between a hunting regulation and the right to keep and bear arms. You dont understand that concept.

In Montana its absolutely legal to hunt elk, deer, antelope with a .22 rimfire or for that matter a .17 rimfire. Wyoming doesnt allow any rimfires...no .22 center fires either. However, I dont view Montanas hunting regulations as pro-second amendment because they let you hunt with anything you want. I also dont view WY's hunting regulations as "gun control" or a threat to the 2nd because they've passed a hunting regulation that makes literally millions of firearms illegal to hunt with.

JB, I respect your opinion on how to place limits on firearms used for hunting. Makes sense, and I dont see that as a threat to the 2nd in any way. Just a hunting regulation.

All right!! Buzz agrees that if the caliber and energy level is suited to the game then the rifle should be allowed for hunting. That means a Mini-30 with a 5 round clip is OK. I finally won the argument.

You know, I tend to agree with the folks like Buzz who believe in restrictions on equipment for hunting. I use a plug in the shotgun, and follow the equipment requirements for "traditional" muzzleloaders. However, when Zumbo said:

"Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. "

I want to know what calling them terrorist rifles has to do with legitimate restrictions on hunting equipment?

That seems to be the defense for him. Buzz, you say "own whatever you want but don't hunt with these rifles"--how does the terrorist statement fit into that?

Do you think Zumbo agrees with you? (own them-don't hunt with them) or do you think he considers them terrorist guns that shouldn't be owned by individuals?

IDhunters,

I agree with you about the "terrorist" comment he made...not at all a good choice of words.

I dont know Zumbo...and I cant say for sure what he meant. But, following along with the tone of his blog...I took it to mean they dont belong in a hunting camp (which he did say).

If he really believes that nobody should be allowed to own AW's for any purpose, thats a different story.

All right!! Buzz agrees that if the caliber and energy level is suited to the game then the rifle should be allowed for hunting. That means a Mini-30 with a 5 round clip is OK. I finally won the argument.

I think old buzz is digging a hole here. Sounds like he needs to say if he agrees with what Dumbo said on his blog, or what he said when he did his back pedal apology to save his job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back