Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Jetstream Jacket Replacement

BackofBeyond

So some good friends came over recently, and brought their puppy with them. Like an idiot, I left my Sitka Jetstream jacket hanging within reach. Long story short, puppy chewed holes in it while we thought puppy was sleeping. Now I'm faced with the decision to replace it, or replace it with different stuff. I love the jacket, but honestly didn't wear it much. It was to heavy to pack around with me, and when glassing I tend to throw on a puffy and my rain gear to block the wind, which is stuff that I always pack with me anyways. The jetstream ended up sitting in the truck a lot, or being worn around camp.

Any suggestions? I thought about getting a core heavyweight hoody, or an ascent hoody, but I'm not sure I'd get a lot more use out of those than I did my jetstream jacket. Or am I just holding a plug and trying to find a hole to fill?

If you don't use it, I wouldn't spend money replacing it. Personally I have my Jetstream. Most of the hunting season. I have a backup just in case.

A core heavyweight hoody or something similar would be a good choice. Having 1 of each type of layering piece never hurts as every hunt and it's conditions are different. I like options.

I run a core heavyweight long sleeve with a 90% jacket over it. That gets augmented by a kelvin lite hoody and on really cold days a vest. I bought a timberline jacket on clearance last fall thinking it would replace my 90% and give me some more wind/water protection. It didn't work as well as I hoped. The hood is near useless because it is small and too tight with a warm hat under. I prefer the old setup more. I use the timberline as a standalone jacket for the few times it works. I think I wear it more walking the dog.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back