Jersey Bear Tags

Bullshot

Last edited:
Looks like I need to find a place in New Jersey to hunt. My NY bear got ruined by the current weather. Any suggestions but not over the open internet...

Get em while they’re hot!

The internet: we want your honey holes

Bullshot: here they are, all of them

The internet: we want your honey holes

Bullshot: here they are, all of them
Yes indeedy! It’s a secret plot hoping for some reciprocity on my next elk hunt.

Oops did I say that out loud? 🤣🤣

Truthfully, while some areas are better for bears than others (Sussex County - vs - Hunterdon County for example) there is probably not a piece of public on the map in those zones that doesn’t have bears using it. Of course, some of those spots may have better habitat and many dozens of bears in them, so whether you see one or are successful will vary depending on where. All of the areas have deer in varying numbers too (fewer in unbroken wooded tracts, and many in anything near cropland or suburbia) and it is a combo hunt which takes the edge off of needing to only see a bear.

9F13F51B-AF3C-404B-90E1-9B81BF91DF5A.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought you couldn’t hunt over bait?
Regulations read can't hunt or have gun within 300ft of a bait site.

I got some honey do list things done today so hoping for good conversation to get agreement that going last minute to New Jersey to bear hunt and leave 4 kids behind during school week is a good idea. Booked a charter for Wednesday afternoon for Striper. Can cancel till Sunday but main bank account got used not the farm business /hunting petty cash account. Hope paper trail doesn't mess this up. Hope Bass are still blitzing like they have been. Could complete two outdoor goals in a week, getting a bear and catching a striped bass.

When can we hunt? Details? Who cares its 10:15 pm. I will throw some stuff together and jump in truck and drive all night from Ohio. I told my wife I was basically a minute man bear hunter. When I got word I would be on the road in an hour. She says after you put washing machine in basement and get it working. No working washing machine for 11 days with a big family is dangerous for all involved especially hunters performing their civic duty of bear population control in another state.

Last edited:
Anyone want to do a hunt talk fall bear hunt let me know bear hunt is back on. Can't buy my tag online cause they don't have my hunter Ed on file. Worst case I hunt across border in NY on lifetime tag and everyone pushes them to me. Also striped bass fishing is really good on the coast. Full moon. Hope I can stay awake for all this craziness.

Anyone end up participating?
Was planning on it and buddy and I were going to camp and hunt the first 2 days of the season in a state forest in NW Jersey.Then the court challenge came a couple of days before the opener which halted the hunt so we didn’t participate. By the time the challenge was resolved, we just didn’t have the time to work other days into our schedules. Was total BS really.
I think most guys were planning to hunt the opener and maybe the next day and naturally with the last minute court stay, those plans went to hell for many and hence the low participation and kill…
Hopefully next year is different.

Yeah that’s annoying. Would have liked to hunt it if I was back on the east coast. Maybe next year.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back