Jerky

Dakotakid

I am thinking about doing a batch of jerky today.
I have an elk round and a moose round in the freezer.
A deli meat slicer which if I hit the perfect thaw works really really well.

My seasoning of choice is high mountain inferno. I like it enough that I may buy in bulk.

My only hiccup is since we moved I have not set up my smoker/dehydrator which requires my wire in a 220 outlet in the garage.
And contrapt a platform for the smoker.

decisions decisions

I just put a toothpick through the end of my slices and hang them vertically on the oven rack. Set the temp down about as low as it will go and prop the door open with a wooden spoon. Makes the house smell good and it's easy to check for desired results. We've been stuck on the Cajun version using at least double the recommended part of the spice blend.

I just put a toothpick through the end of my slices and hang them vertically on the oven rack. Set the temp down about as low as it will go and prop the door open with a wooden spoon. Makes the house smell good and it's easy to check for desired results. We've been stuck on the Cajun version using at least double the recommended part of the spice blend.

My 220 is now wired.

I was watching YouTube videos of making snack sticks.
May have to try some of those.

Shop is now heating and making project development more better.

Ifn I can get the smoker singing, I see I have a half built poker table project...

First time using a food dehydrator for making jerky.

I have the Hi-Mountain original flavor and Cajun flavor…

Can you make the batch at the same time or do the flavors mixed together in the dehydrator?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back