Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

January or New Year...jumpstart on Friday Tunes

+ infinity for knowing he was dying and leaving this for us...reminiscing with a buddy about our days at Sugar Bowl last night and then discovered this.

That's right, it's 2024.And no one knows how, but Keith Richards is still here

GC210JJWwAAGmWM.jpg

On this date in 1986, Irish singer, songwriter and bassist Phil Lynott of #ThinLizzy died of heart failure and pneumonia after being in a coma for eight days following a drug overdose. With Thin Lizzy he had the 1973 hit 'Whiskey in the Jar', (their version of the traditional Irish song) and hits with ‘The Boys Are Back in Town’, ‘Jailbreak’ and ‘Waiting for an Alibi’. The groups 1978 album 'Live and Dangerous' spent 62 weeks on the UK chart. Lynott fronted several bands as a lead vocalist, including Skid Row alongside Gary Moore. A life-size bronze statue of Phil Lynott was unveiled on Harry Street in Dublin Ireland in 2005.

GDA8UblaYAA22xl.jpgGDA8UbuaYAAALoN.jpg

On this date in 1984, #DefLeppard drummer Rick Allen crashed his Corvette Stingray, on the A57 outside Sheffield, Allen lost his left arm in the accident. Allen was on his way to a New Year's Eve party at his family's home when a Jaguar passed him. The driver had been egging Allen on and would not allow him to pass. He did not see a turn up ahead and lost control of his car. He was thrown from the car, with his left arm severed due to the seatbelt not being properly fastened
View attachment 308644View attachment 308645

I remember hearing that when I was in high school, pretty amazing he was able to overcome that and keep playing.
On this date in 1984, #DefLeppard drummer Rick Allen crashed his Corvette Stingray, on the A57 outside Sheffield, Allen lost his left arm in the accident. Allen was on his way to a New Year's Eve party at his family's home when a Jaguar passed him. The driver had been egging Allen on and would not allow him to pass. He did not see a turn up ahead and lost control of his car. He was thrown from the car, with his left arm severed due to the seatbelt not being properly fastened
View attachment 308644View attachment 308645

I remember hearing that news in high school, I was a fan of there music , I remember being bummed and thinking that was it for them , then this happened

On this date in 1986, Irish singer, songwriter and bassist Phil Lynott of #ThinLizzy died of heart failure and pneumonia after being in a coma for eight days following a drug overdose. With Thin Lizzy he had the 1973 hit 'Whiskey in the Jar', (their version of the traditional Irish song) and hits with ‘The Boys Are Back in Town’, ‘Jailbreak’ and ‘Waiting for an Alibi’. The groups 1978 album 'Live and Dangerous' spent 62 weeks on the UK chart. Lynott fronted several bands as a lead vocalist, including Skid Row alongside Gary Moore. A life-size bronze statue of Phil Lynott was unveiled on Harry Street in Dublin Ireland in 2005.

View attachment 308972View attachment 308973

Keep it coming professor of rock

Back