MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Jackets for layering

williaada

I just got rid of on uncompraghe first lite jacket. Stepped up and purchased a Sitka jet steam as my out layer jacket. What Sitka jacket do people use most of the time when elk hunting when hiking in and then sitting to glass.

I just got rid of on uncompraghe first lite jacket. Stepped up and purchased a Sitka jet steam as my out layer jacket. What Sitka jacket do people use most of the time when elk hunting when hiking in and then sitting to glass.

I use an Eddie Bauer Down jacket I found at Sam’s Club for $35. Have worn it to 20* or so with a merino base layer and been very comfortable. Before that was a EB Cirruslite which was a bit warmer.

Sitting maybe lacks a little warmth.

Pretty exclusive club though, gotta have a card, flash it to the bouncer, it’s a whole big thing.

I use an Eddie Bauer Down jacket I found at Sam’s Club for $35. Have worn it to 20* or so with a merino base layer and been very comfortable. Before that was a EB Cirruslite which was a bit warmer.

Pretty exclusive club though, gotta have a card, flash it to the bouncer, it’s a whole big thing.

Thanks, I don’t care about the name brand more how it works.

Sitka Ambient is the most versatile piece of hunting clothing I own. Awesome for keeping you warm as a midlayer, and if it's not really cold you can use it as a top layer.

I’ve heard good things about the Sitka ambient. I have the previous version (Celsius) that I bought on clearance when they discontinued it, one of my favorite pieces

It's currently on sale for $30 at our Costco, melted my last one on a propane heater, little too much duct tape, grabbed a new one.

Me too. They had them again this year, bought my three boys one each. I got myself another xl and a 2xl to layer over it for real cold. Definitely not outer wear (mine has about 6 gorilla tape patches), but awesome bang for the buck in a light weight inner layer.

Has anyone used the ambient with a pack while out chasing deer or elk. Did the shoulder straps start to wear on jacket. Ordering the down jacket from Costco now.

Back