Yeti GOBOX Collection

It's Here!

It did this in 15 when my entire hay crop was baled but still in the field when we got 4 days of rain and I lost it all. Learned my lesson but the price sucked.

The best part -- a bull and a cow showed up in the field to announce the change for this year.
Little square bails? We got all the hay we had cut bailed up on Tuesday. A sure way to scare off any rain. So far it is working as we have just have enough rain to settle the dust so far. :cry:

We have about .6 inch of rain up here in north central MT. 46 degrees this morning. Still have about 90 acres of spring wheat to cut but we will take rain anytime it comes.
Pretty crazy how quick things change. Monday afternoon it was 95 degrees with a hot howling dirt blowing wind.

Last edited:
Little square bails? We got all the hay we had cut bailed up on Tuesday. A sure way to scare off any rain. So far it is working as we have just have enough rain to settle the dust so far. :cry:
Correct. Cutting 8 inch grass and leaving 4 inch stubble makes it very hard to make formed little square bales and yes if not handled carefully turn into balls. The bale wagon struggled with them and I had to resort to my low trailer that I tried to retire 30 years ago. My baler prefers windrows to grass clippings. The yield was about 26% of normal. Sold all my cows on sunday. I've been looking to see if Toro makes a rear bagger - baler combination if this is the new trend.

I think we've rounded the corner in E. Oregon also. Much more pleasant the last few days. I get rid of my pasture cows tomorrow, can't wait.

Correct. Cutting 8 inch grass and leaving 4 inch stubble makes it very hard to make formed little square bales and yes if not handled carefully turn into balls. The bale wagon struggled with them and I had to resort to my low trailer that I tried to retire 30 years ago. My baler prefers windrows to grass clippings. The yield was about 26% of normal. Sold all my cows on sunday. I've been looking to see if Toro makes a rear bagger - baler combination if this is the new trend.
You are not the only one getting rid of cows. Going to be a deep cut this year.

NO NO NO, I refuse, it's mid-August, fall can't be here. then again we didn't really have spring, went from 40 to 90 over night and stayed there, so 95 on Tues 50 on Wed makes sense in a weird way.

On the plus side, the cooler weather got me thinking about actually hunting not golf and fishing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back