MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

It's been a couple of years...

Gut Shot

I haven't posted here in quite a while. Glad to see not much has changed. It isn't that I didn't like this place, or that I got pissed at someone's comments. It's just that a lot has happened in my life and I haven't had time for online stuff, I haven't had much time for hunting or fishing either. Hopefully that will change this year.

Two years ago my mother in law died suddenly. At the age of 63 she had heart attack. Taking care of her affairs was a pain in the ass, even with my wife as sole heir and executor of her trust. Here's a tip for everyone reading, PUT YOUR ESTATE IN A TRUST NOW. Your kids will thank you later. I can't imagine going through probate.

We've wanted to get out of Illinois for years. My wife said that our daughter should graduate from high school first. We bought a farm in Iowa with money from the estate, knowing it would be an anchor that would get us out of Illinois. My daughter graduated last May and we sold our farm in Illinois and got the hell out. I mean we left skid marks hauling ass away from that state. The past several months have been a giant ass pain of moving and re-establishing my business in my new home town. Couple that with dealing with apartments, dealing with farm stuff, and my wife finding a new job...it has made life interesting.

Last fall we found time to get my son his first whitetail buck and tried a few local fishing spots. This year I'm going to make an effort to get out in the woods a little more and keep an eye on "hunttalk" a little more religiously.

It's good to be back to a semi-normal life again.

I haven't posted here in quite a while. Glad to see not much has changed. It isn't that I didn't like this place, or that I got pissed at someone's comments. It's just that a lot has happened in my life and I haven't had time for online stuff, I haven't had much time for hunting or fishing either. Hopefully that will change this year.

Two years ago my mother in law died suddenly. At the age of 63 she had heart attack. Taking care of her affairs was a pain in the ass, even with my wife as sole heir and executor of her trust. Here's a tip for everyone reading, PUT YOUR ESTATE IN A TRUST NOW. Your kids will thank you later. I can't imagine going through probate.

We've wanted to get out of Illinois for years. My wife said that our daughter should graduate from high school first. We bought a farm in Iowa with money from the estate, knowing it would be an anchor that would get us out of Illinois. My daughter graduated last May and we sold our farm in Illinois and got the hell out. I mean we left skid marks hauling ass away from that state. The past several months have been a giant ass pain of moving and re-establishing my business in my new home town. Couple that with dealing with apartments, dealing with farm stuff, and my wife finding a new job...it has made life interesting.

Last fall we found time to get my son his first whitetail buck and tried a few local fishing spots. This year I'm going to make an effort to get out in the woods a little more and keep an eye on "hunttalk" a little more religiously.

Welcome back! Congrats on the move! Hopefully for the better.
Matt

Glad to hear your working through everything! Where at in Iowa did you purchase a place?

Welcome back, sorry to hear of your loss and congratulation on leaving Ill. in the mirror !

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back