Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ithaca's Turkey

Ithaca 37

Ithaca's turkey will get to live another year.

I called in two for first time turkey hunters, one for another friend, then started working on one for myself. He is a big, smart old bird with a beard so long he has to walk backwards so he won't trip. Gobbles once at daybreak and then clams up the rest of the day unless he hears me yelp, and then he goes the other way and gobbles once to see if I'll follow him.

Gotta try a different tactic on him but didn't have time to pattern him well enough before the season ended. I hope he's still around next year!

TEL me wer it's at Burke !!! I'll go in and get um ;)

BUMMEr on the lack of time deal.. FUNNY how it sneaks up on ya !!!!!

That's to bad Ithica on the big one. But there is always next year as I suppose you are quite aware of...But at least you turned on a couple more people to the great sport.. :D

sorry, you didnt get to play trigger man but to me you had a pretty successful turkey season! congrats and theres always next year!!!! :D

Yes, I followed him and called some more. I circled around in front of him, too, and called. He'd turn and go away after gobbling. He was acting like a bird that's been called plenty of times and probably had some close calls. I've had birds like that before that won't come in. They know if it's a real hen calling she'll come to them and if they don't see her show up pretty soon they get suspicious.

I could, but gobblers are a lot harder to get in the Fall! I have so much other stuff to hunt in the fall I doubt I'll hunt turkeys then, and if I do I'd probably shoot a hen for the wingbones. Hen wingbones make better calls than gobbler wingbones and I like to make wingbone calls.

Fall turkey hunting is a lot different than Spring hunting and I don't think it's as exciting as calling gobblers in the Spring!

Back