MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Is this scary or what!

GFHunter

Hunter education instructor fires gun in class accidently

This was an article in the outdoors section of the Great Falls Tribune today (6/9/05). I am floored by the article. Cant believe it happened. At least the guy is no longer teaching Hunters Safety to our kids.

FWP releases instructor whose gun discharged during class

By Tribune Staff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVERTISEMENT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks has removed an instructor who took a loaded rifle into a Montana Hunter Education class, where the rifle accidentally discharged.

FWP said earlier this week that the instructor, Joe Hapka of Highwood, "is no longer with the hunter education program."

The incident took place May 12 at a hunter education class in Highwood, 30 miles east of Great Falls.

Hapka was one of two instructors leading a group of a dozen young students through the program, which teaches firearms safety, among other things. The first rule of firearms safety is to treat every gun as if it were loaded.

Hapka took his own .30-06 semi-automatic rifle into the classroom and had it pointed at the ceiling when the gun discharged. He later said he didn't know the gun was loaded. The bullet went into the roof of the meeting room. No one was injured.

"As a result of the investigation, the instructor who brought the loaded firearm to the class is no longer with the hunter education program and FWP had the ceiling fixed and the building's roof inspected," said Bruce Auchly, information officer for FWP in Great Falls.

"In addition, all hunter education instructors will be reminded to make sure no live ammunition is brought into the classroom and to check all firearms before entering the classroom," Auchly said.

Originally published June 9, 2005

That guy does NOT need to be teaching the class, he should be the student. And I would love to get that vider of the ATF guy.

I saw the vid with the guy and the glock... I don't think he shot himself in the leg... I think he was walking funny because he chit his pats! I'm pretty sure it was pointed at the floor when it went off... Funny as hell though. In his shpeal, he starts out about how he is probably the only guy in the room qualified to use the weapon, then the next second his gun goes off... :D

saw that on a web site of people doing really stupid things
awe found it www.bigboys.com try that you may have to look for it for a bit but its funny lookin at all the other stupid stuff people do on there
have fun...lol

Man that would have really scared me to death. I'm sure he said and that is exactly why you check the chamber.
Quick Draw

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back