Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Is the Bitzenberger nock knob upgrade worth it…which one?

Knight.54

On the shores of the Graveyard of the Atlantic
Just getting into my second go ‘round as an arrow fletcher. Recently got the Bitzenberger fletching jig. My question is does the Zenith or AAE knob make better, more consistent arrows?
I’m sure some of you guys have some experience with this… which of the two is favored and why?

Thanks for your input!

I have never had a problem with a bitzenburger jig. I think it’ll do anything you need with the original nock receiver, I can’t imagine any need for an “upgrade”…
I’ll second Bhoesl. I have several and never felt the need for an upgrade.

Enjoy!

Just getting into my second go ‘round as an arrow fletcher. Recently got the Bitzenberger fletching jig. My question is does the Zenith or AAE knob make better, more consistent arrows?
I’m sure some of you guys have some experience with this… which of the two is favored and why?

Thanks for your input!
I have a Zenith upgrade. I don't even use it anymore. The ONLY time I found it useful was for fletching X10's and ProTours. Anything 4mm or bigger I never saw a benefit at all.

Years ago I got a Pin nock attachment when I was shooting a lot of field and indoor. it saved quite a few arrows.

My hand is the shelf on my bow. I heard all about which way your fletching had to turn to spare your hand. Unfortunately the fletching direction also needs to match your broad head bevel(but not for the reason usually mentioned). Since one of the broad heads I was using was only available in a right bevel, I had to use some right helical fletching. Sure enough, the fletching was digging into my hand a bit. BUT!!! I immediately noticed that on my LEFT helical fletching(which did not dig into my hand) at the front of the fletching the top feather was exactly up and the bottom two feathers were at 4 o’clock and 8 o’clock. HOWEVER, on my RIGHT helical fletching, the FRONT of the bottom feather was at almost 6 o’clock. I also noticed that the nock could not possibly leave the string with the fletching any farther than 1” from my hand. That led me to believe that proper tuning would not likely alleviate the problem of the fletching hitting my hand, AND it seemed to me that the logic of right helical fletching turning into the bow being the cause of the problem seemed unlikely as the string was preventing the arrow from spinning until the arrow is so close to being off the bow that I could not fathom how this could be the reason.

I turned all my knocks on my right helical fletched arrows 120 degrees and immediately stopped having the fletching dig into my hand.

I would like nock receiver that would allow me to orient my right helical 3 fletch 120 degrees differently than the Bitzenburger factory knock receiver. That’s my interest in an aftermarket receiver.

I bought the AAE knob. I like the ability to easily reflect a single vane.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back