MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Is my draw length to short

enufflite2shoot

My wonderful wife bought me a new Browning Stamina for fathers day last year. I didnt have any new accesories to go with it so I robbed off of the old P.S.E. to get it set up. Well, as you can imagine it wasnt a pretty sight but it seemed to work. I was having trouble tuning it with the old rest and sights. the new bow didnt have a very deep rest and the sight pins were to long. I ended up getting a whisker biscut for a rest and really like it. Anyway, I was at the local bow shop getting some new sights and the guy said he thought my draw length was to long. I am 6'3" and my arms are fairly long but he turned my draw length down to 28 1/2". That seems kinda short. I'm gonna give it a try but if anybody has any suggestions about proper draw length, give it up

Thanks

That sounds too short to me. I'm 6'4" and use a release and draw at 30.5"

Everybody anchors differently. If it feels short its too short.

T Bone

I'm 5'10" and use a 29"
I'm thinking of going to 28 1/2 with a string loop though
confused.gif

That seems shot on your draw but you arms maybe shorter?????
EveryBODYS different

If you find yourself leaning into your bow, or with your elbow bent more than just the amount needed to feel comfortable and give your bow string clearance it may be too short. It's hard to say without seeing you having it drawn back. If their is another archery shop, have them give you a peek and see what they think. There bows that take arrows with measurements that should help you out. Just draw the bow back to a comfortable anchor point, and the measurement should give you a pretty good estimate.

Happy shooting,
dan

Take an arrow and pull it back to your anchor point and have someone mark it at the center of the rest this should be your draw length. Have your arrows cut approx 1" longer than your draw length for broadhead clearance.
hump.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-11-2003 14:32: Message edited by: Handloader ]</font>

Most decent archery shops have a bow that you can pull back that has a marked arrow on it. The arrow is attached to the string and it's generally a recurve real weak in poundage. Take a look at your bow. What draw length was your old bow and was in comfortable? If you can't get ahold of the bow I discussed earlier, draw the bow back and anchor where you normally do. If you are on the wall and the limbs start to flex the draw is too short. Most people shoot a bow with a draw that is too long. At your height I would guess you should shoot at least a 30" draw. But, it does very. Additionally, dependant upon what type of release you shoot you will have to shorten the draw up to an inch. An example: I've set bows up for people that were shooting a 30 in draw. But, because of the extension of the release I had to shorten it up to an inch. My recommendation is to find a pro shop that has the bow I discussed earlier and go from there.

ElkhntinMD

Wingspan Chart:
67"/26" 68"/26 1/2" 69"/27" 70"/27 1/2" 71"/28" 72"/28 1/2" 73"/29" 74"/29 1/2" 75"/30" etc/etc

The first number is the measurement from finger tip to finger tip. Get that measurment and then look at this chart. This chart will get you to within 1/2 inch. I have yet to see anyone that this hasen't fit. so I'm pretty sure of it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back