Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Is it time to take pics of tags on animals

csutton7

In lieu of Hangar's buddy losing his elk's antlers to some scumbag could it be time that we hunters need to take close up pics of our tags on our animals as proof---I know I don't like to take field pictures with the tags on the horns/antlers/etc.....but maybe we should take a couple to prove we took the animal and that it is truly ours----I know it may be tuff to get a good close up for identification, but just to have a pic may save some grief from game wardens and help prove who the true owner of a stolen animal or parts of the animal really belong to----

what are your thoughts onb this----chris

Not a bad idea, especially with an animal as big as an elk -and sometimes a deer where a bunch of trips are required to haul it off the mountain. If either the meat OR the head is left behind on any of the required trips, any or all can be ripped off. Makes ya wonder about people sometimes... dang theives.

Worth considering...this same thing happened to my cousin out of Bend, OR- had a last trip to make for meat & horn (had made two prior trips out) and came back to a big pile of NOTHING LEFT (meat was hanging AND bagged).
Add insult to injury he was harrassed about proof of sex back at his rig by a warden but was able to show his digi pics....chit do happen!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back